The Student Room Group

can somone help me please

I have my gcs geography exam tomorrow and I haven't revised really, and I am aiming for a high C in the foundation paper. in my last mock I got a U and I really want a C is that possible, like how am I supposed to revise all of the case studies and remember them. ??????

its late and I am really tired......

someone help me please I would really appreciate it. I am literally panicking
You best bet is to get your revision books out, including bbc bitesize website (if they still do it)

its been a long time hhhh hhm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/geography/.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SavetheStudent
I have my gcs geography exam tomorrow and I haven't revised really, and I am aiming for a high C in the foundation paper. in my last mock I got a U and I really want a C is that possible, like how am I supposed to revise all of the case studies and remember them. ??????

Hi, I don't do geography but I know how you feel. I get straight A*s in class but I sometimes get Fs in my mocks in exam conditions because I panic. I know this is easy to say but DO NOT PANIC. Panicking will only make it worse. My top tip is to use what you know. Read the question carefully and if you do not know the answer, relate it to something you do know and manipulate that information. Get a good night's sleep and get up in the morning refreshed and ready for your exam. I am sure you will do well, good luck!!!
Reply 3
Can't save you now
Jkjk :lol: make flashcards about your case studies and colour code them so it's easier to memorise which facts belong to which case study?
Original post by ellieffion
Hi, I don't do geography but I know how you feel. I get straight A*s in class but I sometimes get Fs in my mocks in exam conditions because I panic. I know this is easy to say but DO NOT PANIC. Panicking will only make it worse. My top tip is to use what you know. Read the question carefully and if you do not know the answer, relate it to something you do know and manipulate that information. Get a good night's sleep and get up in the morning refreshed and ready for your exam. I am sure you will do well, good luck!!!

I don't know nothing that's the problem......
I don't know nothing that's the problem......

Well considering you have taken the subject for three years, I am sure you know something. Honestly, it is too late to do anything about it now so don't stress yourself out and try your best. Good luck :yy:

SAME HERE

MINDMAPS FOR THE COMPARING CASESTUDIES!! LIKE the comparing flood ones and the comparing earthquake ones!!!ALSO- if u're really dedicated to revise... and stay awake, then what i do is have mints, they stimulate your brain and i feel they trick me into thinking i'm awake...but that's just me...(not polo or tic tac- strong mints btw)and also,,,, wake up rlly early to revise....if u haven't done the theory yet, i suggest you watch these vids (aqa a)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9SSld0OqWc RESTLESS EARTHhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nzWJksXqls WATER ON THE LANDand for coasts, i couldn't find one...but yh, i'm behind on revision, but i have hope! i suggest you have hope too!GOOD LUCK! i hope you all pAss! <3
should I just carry on revising?????
Yes i'm revising for it too now
Reply 9
Imo it is not the time to make a lot of revision cards and posters because you have less than a day left to prepare.

I would go over each specification point and find the corresponding page in your revision guide and try absorb as much material as possible.

(Btw, please put a specific title to this thread because it is a bit vague :smile:)
Original post by ellieffion
My top tip is to use what you know. Read the question carefully and if you do not know the answer, relate it to something you do know and manipulate that information. Get a good night's sleep and get up in the morning refreshed and ready for your exam. I am sure you will do well, good luck!!!

This absolutely.

I do have to wonder though if you need a C then how you managed to do no revision considering youve had a whole year at least.

If youve absorbed some of your course, then you can probably still get a C following the above. Its importnat you answer the question and pace yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest