The Student Room Group

If money isn't the most important thing, then what is?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xylas
Without the conditional statements, if you were anywhere in the world and you didn't know where in advance what would you choose? A machete just in case?

I realise I am nitpicking but that doesn't really solve the problem, like I say there are different parts of the world: most of the world's land area is unpopulated wilderness after all and most of the populated areas are developing countries fraught with conflict. If you mean the built-up areas of the UK or USA then say it.
Reply 121
Original post by Copperknickers
I realise I am nitpicking but that doesn't really solve the problem, like I say there are different parts of the world: most of the world's land area is unpopulated wilderness after all and most of the populated areas are developing countries fraught with conflict. If you mean the built-up areas of the UK or USA then say it.

Nah you don't say...

Just answer the question if you will
Posted from TSR Mobile

The most important thing is obviously yourself.
Original post by xylas
Nah you don't say...

Just answer the question if you will

I won't, because the question has a deeply flawed premise. Money is very important, but it is not the single most important thing, because there is no single most important thing, even within the confines of your money-motivated city lifestyle which not all of us inhabit.
Reply 124
I won't, because the question has a deeply flawed premise. Money is very important, but it is not the single most important thing, because there is no single most important thing, even within the confines of your money-motivated city lifestyle which not all of us inhabit.

Good for you. You couldn't be more wrong about me
Original post by M14B
Women of course
:colone:

Aesthetics.
Original post by xylas
Good for you. You couldn't be more wrong about me

I never claimed to know anything about you, I was talking about the lifestyle implied by your line of questioning. Whether or not its your own lifestyle, its the one your argument's premise is based on.
Reply 128
I never claimed to know anything about you, I was talking about the lifestyle implied by your line of questioning. Whether or not its your own lifestyle, its the one your argument's premise is based on.

"even within the confines of YOUR money-motivated city lifestyle which not all of US inhabit"

Pick your words correctly next time.
Reply 129
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Aesthetics.

I may have heard this view before, care to explain?
Music
Family, friends, hobbies- the simple things in life. Although I do not think money is the most important thing in life, I do think that you need enough to have a high quality of life.

P.S. This is the answer I gave for French and German GCSE Speaking :colondollar:
Reply 132
Original post by Yisithegr8
Music

I guess this is similar to aesthetics. Care to explain?

Original post by niv1234
Family, friends, hobbies- the simple things in life. Although I do not think money is the most important thing in life, I do think that you need enough to have a high quality of life.

But if you admit you need enough of it then that shows it could be the most important thing. Hobbies is a new one on this thread, why do you think this is more important than money? (does everyone need hobbies compared to everyone needing money?)
love is the important thing in the life :smile:
i don't mean love just boy and girl relationship
everything include love: friends, family, boy/girl friend ,love ur job and love the life :smile:

The most important thing love yourself to be successful, confident, and happy
Original post by xylas
"even within the confines of YOUR money-motivated city lifestyle which not all of US inhabit"

Pick your words correctly next time.

I could, or you could learn the English language. 'Your' can denote a tangential relationship towards an individual rather than specific ownership by him/her. For example 'on your left' does not mean you own the concept of 'left'. Your money-motivated city lifestyle is the one that you have consistently revealed to be the basis of your argument. Although I would not be at all surprised if you actually lived under a rock in Siberia.
Original post by xylas
I guess this is similar to aesthetics. Care to explain?

But if you admit you need enough of it then that shows it could be the most important thing. Hobbies is a new one on this thread, why do you think this is more important than money? (does everyone need hobbies compared to everyone needing money?)

Even if it is not exactly a hobby I do think that everyone needs to have something they enjoy and something to look forward to in their lives.
Original post by xylas
Interested to know your views. If you think something is more important, please explain how this can be achieved without money and whether or not money helps to achieve it.

Having money isn't everything.But not having it, is
Original post by haboshti_1
love is the important thing in the life :smile:
i don't mean love just boy and girl relationship
everything include love: friends, family, boy/girl friend ,love ur job and love the life :smile:

The most important thing love yourself to be successful, confident, and happy

I totally agree, Love is really important in life not just money, as you could have all the money in the world but u would be depressed if u didnt have that one person in ur life who would love u and give u all the happiness in the world.
Reply 138
I could, or you could learn the English language. 'Your' can denote a tangential relationship towards an individual rather than specific ownership by him/her. For example 'on your left' does not mean you own the concept of 'left'. Your money-motivated city lifestyle is the one that you have consistently revealed to be the basis of your argument. Although I would not be at all surprised if you actually lived under a rock in Siberia.

Nonsense. Your left means the left that belongs to you. Similarly your city lifestyle means the city lifestyle that belongs to you. Go back to primary school if you're having trouble understanding that. And stop making stuff up, "tangential relationship"... "own the concept", it sounds like you're taking the piss out of yourself.

Original post by niv1234
Even if it is not exactly a hobby I do think that everyone needs to have something they enjoy and something to look forward to in their lives.

Yeahhh

Original post by Teeheebutty
Having money isn't everything.But not having it, is

Agreed :smile:

Original post by x-bhakti-patel
I totally agree, Love is really important in life not just money, as you could have all the money in the world but u would be depressed if u didnt have that one person in ur life who would love u and give u all the happiness in the world.

That's a depressing view. What if you never find that person (if they exist)? What if you love them but they don't make you happy?
Idk for me it's chicken nuggets

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply