The Student Room Group

English literature gcse exam today

i forget to write about two characters in the crucible , does it mean that i nly get half the marks of the questions
Reply 1
Original post by sheima derdour
i forget to write about two characters in the crucible , does it mean that i nly get half the marks of the questions

My teacher said you won't get penalised too much for only writing about 1 - it was probably just to stop people from writing about every different female character and losing all sense of direction in their essay. I don't think it will be as extreme as losing half the marks, maybe just a few :smile: Did you just do Abigail?
Original post by CaptErin
My teacher said you won't get penalised too much for only writing about 1 - it was probably just to stop people from writing about every different female character and losing all sense of direction in their essay. I don't think it will be as extreme as losing half the marks, maybe just a few :smile: Did you just do Abigail?

yes i only wrote about Abigail because i didnt read the question , did u only write about one
I did 'touching The Void' and To Kill A Mockingbird and I think I did pretty well.
In the 'TTV' I chose the question of how Joe had described the mountain as dangerous etc and I talked about the dead Japanese climbers and how the mountain had affected both Simon and Joe physically and mentally.

In 'TKAM' I talked about Jem's hand being white and how the Jury couldn't look Tom Robinson in the eye.
Also, with 'b' question I had talked about Mr Radley protecting his cabbage patch and Miss Stephanie and co gossiping on the event.

What did anyone else write ?!?
I did to Tkamb aswell, how many quotes didyou use for section b??
Reply 5
Hello i think i indicated the wrong question when i ticked the box... will i g
et zero?
Reply 6
Original post by sheima derdour
yes i only wrote about Abigail because i didnt read the question , did u only write about one

No I did Abby and Elizabeth, but the girl who sits next to me in English just did Abigail and that's what my teacher told her :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Roman_Akira
I did 'touching The Void' and To Kill A Mockingbird and I think I did pretty well.
In the 'TTV' I chose the question of how Joe had described the mountain as dangerous etc and I talked about the dead Japanese climbers and how the mountain had affected both Simon and Joe physically and mentally.

In 'TKAM' I talked about Jem's hand being white and how the Jury couldn't look Tom Robinson in the eye.
Also, with 'b' question I had talked about Mr Radley protecting his cabbage patch and Miss Stephanie and co gossiping on the event.

What did anyone else write ?!?

i do tkam and i wrote about the childish imagery, her father's loneliness, the stabs representing his innocence dying and linked the bit about the gun to the rabid dog for a
for b i wrote about the use of the n word (including the snowman bit), how slaves are mentioned on like the second page and calpurnia
Original post by Imgoingtofail4
I did to Tkamb aswell, how many quotes didyou use for section b??

I used like two quotes and expanded on them and talked about the language features.

Yourself ?
Original post by Sgmjb
i do tkam and i wrote about the childish imagery, her father's loneliness, the stabs representing his innocence dying and linked the bit about the gun to the rabid dog for a
for b i wrote about the use of the n word (including the snowman bit), how slaves are mentioned on like the second page and calpurnia

How much of section 'B' did you write? did you have enough time ?
Reply 10
Original post by Roman_Akira
How much of section 'B' did you write? did you have enough time ?

i wrote just under two sides and finished 5 mins early

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending