The Student Room Group

AQA Drama 23rd May 2016

Any other AQA guys out there?
If so...
What grade are you looking for overall, do you know which of your pieces got sent off, and how are you preparing for tomorrow?

Good Luck!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm hoping for at least an A overall, I got an A* in the practical, but I'm not amazing at the written paper, so I'm slightly worried about the exam. I'm just writing down moments which I am gonna use for tomorrow, and praying for a paper that isn't super hard.
Original post by Jo_Watson
I'm hoping for at least an A overall, I got an A* in the practical, but I'm not amazing at the written paper, so I'm slightly worried about the exam. I'm just writing down moments which I am gonna use for tomorrow, and praying for a paper that isn't super hard.

My entire class is terrible at the written - only 1 person has ever had an A (though we're suspicious that my teacher marks too harshly - her marking does depend on her mood).
I was going for a B overall (I thought I had a B in acting and I'd get a B in theory), but then my teacher said that if I get a solid B (which should be fine,) I'll get an A overall, which means my acting is either a high A or a low A* which I'm seriously surprised about - I only felt that one of my pieces was particularly good - so I'm happy!

Which of your pieces got sent off?
My scripted piece of 'Blood Brothers' (54/60) and devised piece 'Storytelling' (Physical Theatre) was sent off (51/60).

Hoping for an A overall. I'm fluctuating at the theory. Hopefully the paper isn't too hard. Its predictable but yeah..they change the wording for a few questions.

Practising from resources given by teacher and online.

Hopefully this year I've heard that loads of people (including my class) aren't so good at the theory because it's so 'specific' therefore the GB should be low!
Original post by sulaimanali
My scripted piece of 'Blood Brothers' (54/60) and devised piece 'Storytelling' (Physical Theatre) was sent off (51/60).

Hoping for an A overall. I'm fluctuating at the theory. Hopefully the paper isn't too hard. Its predictable but yeah..they change the wording for a few questions.

Hopefully this year I've heard that loads of people (including my class) aren't so good at the theory because it's so 'specific' therefore the GB should be low!

My school in general has always been terrible at theory.
There will be lots of Bs and Cs in my class, because theory will bring the grades down from As and A*s.

I wish I knew what grades each of my pieces got! My teacher refuses to tell us!
Guys I've lost my drama notes that have all the answers needed for the exam tomorrow and I'm extremely stressed about it!!!! I seriously don't know what to do I'm going to fail
What do I do?? Does anyone have notes that they don't mind sending me? Please let me know, thanks
Original post by iwishicouldfly14
Any other AQA guys out there?
If so...
What grade are you looking for overall, do you know which of your pieces got sent off, and how are you preparing for tomorrow?

Good Luck!!

Original post by sulaimanali

help me please?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4111017
Try this?

I would try and post A* work from my school's website, but I don't know if it would work.

Good Luck, I'm sure you'll so fine!
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4111017
Try this?

I would try and post A* work from my school's website, but I don't know if it would work.

Good Luck, I'm sure you'll so fine!

Thank you so much!! That was helpful
Also what is your school website or where I can find that work by any chance

Once again thank you loads!
Original post by hafsa473
Thank you so much!! That was helpful
Also what is your school website or where I can find that work by any chance

Once again thank you loads!

It's on my school's Moodle, so you need a username and password to access it. I don't know where else you can find it.
Sorry,
I think AQA have a few example works (somewhere) and there should be one with a high grade.
It's on my school's Moodle, so you need a username and password to access it. I don't know where else you can find it.
Sorry,
I think AQA have a few example works (somewhere) and there should be one with a high grade.

Dw it's cool
Thanks anyway, I'll check out any examples that I find online and make notes like that

Thanks
Hi :smile: so my scripted piece, The Perils of Pauline (melodrama), and my devised piece got send off, got full marks in both of them- but I'm only getting low As on the written paper (think I may have just scraped an A today) does anyone know the minimum mark I could get on the written to get an A* overall?
Original post by Melville140
Hi :smile: so my scripted piece, The Perils of Pauline (melodrama), and my devised piece got send off, got full marks in both of them- but I'm only getting low As on the written paper (think I may have just scraped an A today) does anyone know the minimum mark I could get on the written to get an A* overall?

Don't take my word for it, but around the A grade boundary should be fine (e.g. if you're 1 mark off an A)
I believe that my docudrama in verbatim- 10 past 4 [all about the IRA]- was sent off, and my performance of Mother Figure by Alan Ayckbourn.

Overall, the teacher said I needed about 67/80 for an A, so my practical was not particularly high, but I'm reckoning that that A might actually be possible if I get a friendly examiner!
My entire class is terrible at the written - only 1 person has ever had an A (though we're suspicious that my teacher marks too harshly - her marking does depend on her mood).
I was going for a B overall (I thought I had a B in acting and I'd get a B in theory), but then my teacher said that if I get a solid B (which should be fine,) I'll get an A overall, which means my acting is either a high A or a low A* which I'm seriously surprised about - I only felt that one of my pieces was particularly good - so I'm happy!

Which of your pieces got sent off?

Sorry, I havent gone on TSR since tuesday so only just saw this. My scripted piece 'Kindertransport' and my Devised piece 'Refugees' got sent off. I always feel like my performances are really bad, but I got As and A*s in them so you probably did quite well. How did you exam go? Section A was so nice! I struggled with Section C a bit though.
Sorry, I havent gone on TSR since tuesday so only just saw this. My scripted piece 'Kindertransport' and my Devised piece 'Refugees' got sent off. I always feel like my performances are really bad, but I got As and A*s in them so you probably did quite well. How did you exam go? Section A was so nice! I struggled with Section C a bit though.

My section A went not so well, but I think my section B was quite good.
I wrote (well typed) about 3500 words, which is the most I've ever done, so we'll see!
Good Luck!
My teacher said that she wanted me to get an A*, which only makes me guess that my practical is an A*. However, in Question 4 Section A, I talked about a successful and an unsuccesful moment, instead of 2 successful moments. Every year until now, you could talk about either or both, but this year they only wanted successful ( I think!) so I'm worried that this will drop me from an A* to an A😭😭 do you think I'll get any credit? Because what I wrote for the unsuccessful was good as well😢
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by lucygr8y
My teacher said that she wanted me to get an A*, which only makes me guess that my practical is an A*. However, in Question 4 Section A, I talked about a successful and an unsuccesful moment, instead of 2 successful moments. Every year until now, you could talk about either or both, but this year they only wanted successful ( I think!) so I'm worried that this will drop me from an A* to an A😭😭 do you think I'll get any credit? Because what I wrote for the unsuccessful was good as well😢

For quite a few years they haven't asked for unsuccessful moments. I think it will completely be ignored and you might only get a mark for 1 successful moment.... I'm not an examiner so I'm obviously not sure...

I'm sure you'll have done fine anyway!
Good Luck!
For quite a few years they haven't asked for unsuccessful moments. I think it will completely be ignored and you might only get a mark for 1 successful moment.... I'm not an examiner so I'm obviously not sure...

I'm sure you'll have done fine anyway!
Good Luck!

Yeah, I reckon the maximum I could get for that question is 6/10. I know 2013 allowed both. It's annoying because I usually write 2 successful and an unsuccessful for this question, but I ran out of time for section a😭
Original post by lucygr8y
Yeah, I reckon the maximum I could get for that question is 6/10. I know 2013 allowed both. It's annoying because I usually write 2 successful and an unsuccessful for this question, but I ran out of time for section a😭

My section A was terrible. But it always is, I tend to rely more heavily on my section B.
At the end of the day, we can't change what we've done, so we can all only hope.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending