The Student Room Group

Aqa sociology resit 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xxvine
Social policy is kinda easy lol
I messed up last year because of timing...wrote two likes for the last question so that dragged me down.
Would prefer social policy than functionalism tbb

Seriously? Hm I just dislike it in general, I feel like that was what went wrong last year for me
I feel like I could happily answer a marxism/class external/gender essay question so I'm praying it's one of them
Original post by ijonny245
Yeah, pretty much Marx Vs Func/New Right -
There's a few parallels between the two, e.g Func believe education to be meritocratic (Parsons) whereas Marx see it as a myth (Bowles and Gintis).
Functionalist believe in Role Allocation whereas Marx believes it is getting the subject class ready for a life under Fordist principles etc, etc . . .

I actually think we are gonna get a theory
Social class came up last year
Argh
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
Seriously? Hm I just dislike it in general, I feel like that was what went wrong last year for me
I feel like I could happily answer a marxism/class external/gender essay question so I'm praying it's one of them

Hate Marxism argh
What would you say about Althusser
Original post by xxvine
Hate Marxism argh
What would you say about Althusser

His paragraph would only be short but just explain what both ISA and RSAs are and say the two ways in which education is an ISA and just keep linking to educational achievement
Then Bowles and Gintis will take up the rest of the essay, then a bit about Willis (sorry for not explaining much I'm tired haha)
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
His paragraph would only be short but just explain what both ISA and RSAs are and say the two ways in which education is an ISA and just keep linking to educational achievement
Then Bowles and Gintis will take up the rest of the essay, then a bit about Willis (sorry for not explaining much I'm tired haha)

Ah I get tt
Correspondence principle
Hidden curriculum
Myth of meritocracy and role allocation right
Original post by xxvine
I'm dreading this exam?

I really can't wait to get it out the way! Good luck everyone!!
Original post by trampolineboy99
I really can't wait to get it out the way! Good luck everyone!!

Sameeeee
Just hope AQA are kind today haha
Good luck everyone! I'm unbelievably nervous :/
Good luck. Quick revision of Ethnicity and Role!
I think the exam questions were quite nice, but I didn't get to finish methods in context. Also the 6 marker on education made me think a while

Can't believe we had mailed questionnaires as the 20 marker for research methods, it was so nice :O
That went ok but I only did 3 paragraphs for the gender question. I honestly only did revision last night so I surprised myself with how much I knew.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by grassntai
That went ok but I only did 3 paragraphs for the gender question. I honestly only did revision last night so I surprised myself with how much I knew.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I felt it went badly
Didn't write enough. Have to do well for unit unit 3 and 4 tbh
Original post by Thebeast97
I think the exam questions were quite nice, but I didn't get to finish methods in context. Also the 6 marker on education made me think a while

Can't believe we had mailed questionnaires as the 20 marker for research methods, it was so nice :O

What did you write for mailed questionnaires
Original post by greenteaturtle
well that went dreadful haha

guess im relying on a2s then.

Same
Was actually not a bad paper but I didn't write enough
Ahhh well lol
Reply 274
Mailed questionnaires are postal right someone was telling me it's email
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1464091194.762843.jpg

Ignore the spellings.

Anyone up for making a unofficial mark scheme?

Posted from TSR Mobile
did anyone else do the health and research methods section?
What did everyone put for the 6 marker? I thought it asked for 3 points not 2?
Did everyone finish the paper as well? I ran out of time on methods in context but managed to answer everything else
Was mailed questionnaires emailed ones? Most of my class thought it was postal lool
I guess we failed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending