The Student Room Group

Racist Teacher?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Eriasu
While I was relaxing in a quiet zone ( at the top of a stairs) in college, a teacher out of nowhere told me that I shouldn't be here and when I asked "why" he said I wasn't allowed to be here.

Even though I did nothing wrong and I was quietly listening to music and students who often come to the spot to relax were louder than me and there was nothing indicting that I shouldn't be there.

I asked him "do we have a problem?" and he said "yes, you should be here" and when I asked him "why" again he said "Don't question me" and than went on to say "if anything gets stolen-" and stopped there and when I asked what was he trying to imply, he ignored me and walked away and shut the door.

Where does the racist bit come in?
He obviously thought you shouldnt have been there at that time.
You have to be careful about answering back tbh.
Move on.
Reply 41
Original post by 0to100
Omfg just stop

Outlet? If anything I'm telling the kid to stand up for himself and not cry here. I think that's the best thing anyone can be told what you on about mate?

I don't know why you're getting so worked up about, if you can't empathise and actually give an appropriate solution then it would be nice if you could stop commenting on my thread. I didn't tag you or beg you to contribute or are you obliged to help me.

I posted this get an appropriate response to what happened and there are a lot of people in this site apart from you so if don't want to see this thread than just leave it and go over to other ones.
Reply 42
I already got answer on how to respond to the situation so the thread is over, thank you to those who tried to help.
Reply 43
I've had a teacher make an openly racist comment about me witnessed by the class, reporting it led to my being excluded for 3 days and no punishment for the teacher… so if you just think someone is being racist there's no much you can do, I was unable to do anything but land myself introuble despite the openly stated comments by him
Original post by Eriasu
I don't know why you're getting so worked up about, if you can't empathise and actually give an appropriate solution then it would be nice if you could stop commenting on my thread. I didn't tag you or beg you to contribute or are you obliged to help me.

I posted this get an appropriate response to what happened and there are a lot of people in this site apart from you so if don't want to see this thread than just leave it and go over to other ones.

...No one's worked up...I gave you advice and that was to report. Which you weirdly haven't done yet you're getting cheeky on the computer? And you didn't "beg" or "tag" me nowhere, correct, but you keep quoting me boy.
Original post by zayn008
I've had a teacher make an openly racist comment about me witnessed by the class, reporting it led to my being excluded for 3 days and no punishment for the teacher… so if you just think someone is being racist there's no much you can do, I was unable to do anything but land myself introuble despite the openly stated comments by him

What? Why'd you get excluded for reporting? There's something missing in your story.
It sounds odd on the OPs version, but hardly worth reporting someone about. Not worth the hassle.
Reply 48
Original post by 0to100
...No one's worked up...I gave you advice and that was to report. Which you weirdly haven't done yet you're getting cheeky on the computer? And you didn't "beg" or "tag" me nowhere, correct, but you keep quoting me boy.

Let's please ends this here, I've already got my answer and if you did say that somewhere than thank you and no I'm not getting cheeky.
Reply 49
Original post by 0to100
What? Why'd you get excluded for reporting? There's something missing in your story.

This is honestly it, I did miss out the character background of myself, back then I used to get in loads of trouble and was often in detentions. But he literally made a comment about my skin color and went on to laugh at a students comment about my mum being an immigrant even though she's not, I then said "why do you find it funny" he said "because it's true" I then walked out and reported it… no angry response but I guess it was my reputation that let him get away with saying I made a false accusation… the school also refused to take statements from other pupils even though they came forward
Reply 50
Original post by LastMinReviseGuy

Irrelevant but it got me laughing so: thank you! :smile:
Reply 51
Original post by zayn008

If that happened to me I would ignore it, I'd report to the police if the teacher ignored me or leave the college.
Original post by Eriasu
Irrelevant but it got me laughing so: thank you! :smile:

I wrote, but it got deleted.

He fired shots you should deflect them. You're the bigger man.
Reply 53
I wrote, but it got deleted.

He fired shots you should deflect them. You're the bigger man.

That's actually a nice message, thank you :h:
Original post by Eriasu
That's actually a nice message, thank you :h:

Is that Gintoki in your avatar?

Take it off ;p
Reply 55
The teacher probably realised after he said, 'you could be stealing things', that you were black and that the context could be misread as him being racist. That's probably why he went quiet, he was worried. Teachers always try to keep students out of locked areas, if something were stolen, they could be liable.

I doubt he would have purposely racially attacked you. Most likely an unfortunate coincidence.
Reply 56
Is that Gintoki in your avatar?

Take it off ;p

Yup it is, you've got a nice one as well.
Reply 57
Original post by Eriasu
If that happened to me I would ignore it, I'd report to the police if the teacher ignored me or leave the college.

I was in year 9… my parents weren't exactly helpful in the situation so I thought hey 3 days off and just let it slide. If that happened to me now I'd handle it more professionally and make sure something is done to discipline him and that the school make a clear policy to prevent it again
He sounds unreasonable but not necessarily racist. I suspect he was in a bad mood and would have said the same to a student of any other race.
Reply 59
Original post by zayn008
I was in year 9… my parents weren't exactly helpful in the situation so I thought hey 3 days off and just let it slide. If that happened to me now I'd handle it more professionally and make sure something is done to discipline him and that the school make a clear policy to prevent it again

Ohhh I understand, I've been there before. I got excluded from school in y7 for scratching a teacher when he was sitting on top of me and suffocating, I thought I was going to die and I was scared but still got kicked out of school and it was helping when my mum was blaming me for everything and wasn't listening to me.

Quick Reply