The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA1 - 24 May 2016 - RESIT [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Billsonbubbles
SN

Gluons between quarks and pions between hadrons ( which is what you see on the feynman diagrams)

Which pion is exchanged? pion+, pion- or pion 0 ? Thanks!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CourtlyCanter
Which pion is exchanged? pion+, pion- or pion 0 ? Thanks!

Usually you have to mention this exchange particle on a diagram... it is depending on what diagram you have

i.e if you have the proton coming in and the neutron going out ,,, you need a Pi plus ... are you okay with the usual Feynman diagrams ?
Hi everyone here is the AQA style paper ( for unit 1 ... but it might not be so similar as the end of it was rushed)
Original post by Exams987
thanks

Hi mate ,

Here is the video link to going through the spec =}
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO880oYUdV4d

I have attached the paper that I created
Reply 105
Hi mate ,

Here is the video link to going through the spec =}
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO880oYUdV4d

I have attached the paper that I created

thank you very much for your time and effort trying to help us out.

i watched the video and it was good.
thank you very much for your time and effort trying to help us out.

i watched the video and it was good.

Don't worry it is fine I love helping people out , I have the exam tomorrow too .. so it benefits everyone :wink:... but you are more than welcome.... as long as people want the help there is no reason to stop it.

Good luck for tomorrow !

Thanks for watching... sorry about the quality of the video by the way ...one of the most helpful videos I did , had to be done just as my camera broke aha :wink:
Usually you have to mention this exchange particle on a diagram... it is depending on what diagram you have

i.e if you have the proton coming in and the neutron going out ,,, you need a Pi plus ... are you okay with the usual Feynman diagrams ?

Yes I am okay with the ones about WNF and Electromagnetic force. However I haven't really seen any based specifically on SNF where we have to specify the exchange particle involved?
Reply 108
Don't worry it is fine I love helping people out , I have the exam tomorrow too .. so it benefits everyone :wink:... but you are more than welcome.... as long as people want the help there is no reason to stop it.

Good luck for tomorrow !

Thanks for watching... sorry about the quality of the video by the way ...one of the most helpful videos I did , had to be done just as my camera broke aha :wink:

thanks , and good luck with the exam tomorrow.

i hope we all achieve the grades we want
thanks , and good luck with the exam tomorrow.

i hope we all achieve the grades we want

Given that pretty much everyone who's sitting this paper is doing it as a re-sit, do you think the grade boundaries for this year's paper will be higher than normal?
Good luck guys
Given that pretty much everyone who's sitting this paper is doing it as a re-sit, do you think the grade boundaries for this year's paper will be higher than normal?

im to confused about this, surely it wouldnt be fair since everyone doing this paper will be doing pretty well for the grade boundaries just to depend on this paper, so it will be higher.
Reply 112

well , we still wouldn't know. it really depends on how difficult the paper tomorrow is and also how the overall average performs in the exam.

Doubt it tbh, it will be the same as usual, where grade boundaries are only affected by how difficult the paper is. This is because, in my opinion, doing A2 physics hasn't acually helped a massive bunch for this unit so in other words having done A2 physics holds little advantage for this exam

Having said that they might make the paper more difficult because of this. But last years paper was already pretty difficult and I've never really seen two difficult papers issued in a row...Who knows!
(edited 7 years ago)
Yes I am okay with the ones about WNF and Electromagnetic force. However I haven't really seen any based specifically on SNF where we have to specify the exchange particle involved?

No I dont think I have, but I mean you dont have to listen to me aha .. but I am just trying to prepare for anything they could throw at us.

Good luck for tomorrow :wink:... P.s I do think the boundaries could be high, but as everyone is doing it as a resit I would expect A very hard paper :wink: ..., as my AS economics re sit was and that was only A2 people doing that...]

though saying that we are all a year better at physics.. so it should not be too bad .. sorry if I made you worry.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TajwarC
Doubt it tbh, it will be the same as usual, where grade boundaries are only affected by how difficult the paper is. This is because, in my opinion, doing A2 physics hasn't acually helped a massive bunch for this unit so in other words having done A2 physics holds little advantage for this examHaving said that they might make the paper more difficult because of this. But last years paper was already pretty difficult and I've never really seen two difficult papers issued in a row...Who knows!
Thing is most people who have chosen to or at least were allowed/able to carry onto A2 Physics shouldn't be too bad at Physics in general. Under normal circumstances, we would have some less-able Yr12 candidates who kinda bump everyone up just a little and those would be the ones who may choose not to carry onto A2. This year that 'buffering' is gone as no Yr 12, able or not, would be doing it with us.

No I dont think I have, but I mean you dont have to listen to me aha .. but I am just trying to prepare for anything they could throw at us.

Good luck for tomorrow :wink:... P.s I do think the boundaries could be high, but as everyone is doing it as a resit I would expect A very hard paper :wink: ..., as my AS economics re sit was and that was only A2 people doing that...]

though saying that we are all a year better at physics.. so it should not be too bad .. sorry if I made you worry.

Thanks! I sure hope this paper will be relatively easy. Good luck everyone!
(edited 7 years ago)
Thing is most people who have chosen to or at least were allowed/able to carry onto A2 Physics shouldn't be too bad at Physics in general. Under normal circumstances, we would have some less-able Yr12 candidates who kinda bump everyone up just a little and those would be the ones who may choose not to carry onto A2. This year that 'buffering' is gone as no Yr 12, able or not, would be doing it with us.

Yeah that's true. If that's the case then I'd expect some pretty high boundaries because PHYA1 can't be that difficult because it's an AS unit regardless, at least not like the A2 units can be
Reply 117
https://quizlet.com/140227597/phya1-flash-cards/
A little something I've been working on. Since most of the questions are often repeated, here's some of the questions and the mark scheme I've composed since 3 days ago. Hope you guys will find this useful
symbol for a variable dc power supply, is it just a cell with a arrow on top? like a variable resistor
Good luck for tomorrow everyone !... P.s thank you to everyone who has watched and subscribed to my channel .. it makes me feel like it is worthwhile :wink:

Hope the paper is not to bad :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest