The Student Room Group

National 5 Physics 2015-2016

Scroll to see replies

I am almost certain this will come up but I hate those multiple choice questions when it says which is correct, A. i and ii B i only C. ii and iii etc
I always know at least one of them is correct but it always pairs up with another one that I don't know :frown:.

I wish nothing about Background radiation comes up
Original post by Ethan100
I am almost certain this will come up but I hate those multiple choice questions when it says which is correct, A. i and ii B i only C. ii and iii etc
I always know at least one of them is correct but it always pairs up with another one that I don't know :frown:.

I wish nothing about Background radiation comes up

In terms of background radiation they might ask you to give examples of it. For example, rocks emit a radioactive gas called Radon which contributes to the background radiation. Animals emit some radiation too. Cosmic rays i.e radiation from space can reach the earth too. Plants can absorb the radon gas from the rocks from the soil and emit radiation too. Does that help?
Original post by biology_7
I'm not good at open ended questions, what could I do to improve on this ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Try writing everything you know about each topic in small paragraphs. Hope this helps
Do we need to know what a critical angle is ? I did an experiment on it in class
Whats the rule for fuses again ? How do we know if its a 3A or a 13 A fuse ?
Do we need to know what a critical angle is ? I did an experiment on it in class

Actually i'm not too sure it's in the course? I checked my how to pass book and it's not there, and it's not in the SQA course notes either? But it's on the BBC Bitesize website?

Any recommendations? Should we learn it or not? I vaguely remember doing anything of critical angles/total internal reflection in class tbh???
Original post by sameehaiqbal
Actually i'm not too sure it's in the course? I checked my how to pass book and it's not there, and it's not in the SQA course notes either? But it's on the BBC Bitesize website?

Any recommendations? Should we learn it or not? I vaguely remember doing anything of critical angles/total internal reflection in class tbh???

We also did it as an experiment but that was it. I think I'm just going to leave it out... I mean what are the chances of them asking a question about it ?

Knowing my luck they probably will, haha
I bet you one of the open-ended questions is about the big bang theory !!!
We also did it as an experiment but that was it. I think I'm just going to leave it out... I mean what are the chances of them asking a question about it ?

Knowing my luck they probably will, haha

I'm going to be at school for 9am tomorrow so any confusions I can quickly ask my teacher and post here if we are unsure of anything

No you don't.

Whats the rule for fuses again ? How do we know if its a 3A or a 13 A fuse ?

3A = 720W
13A = Above 720W

Critical angles, total internal angles etc etc are NOT in the course. The only thing you need to know is how to identify the angle of incidence and refraction.
Original post by A+Hunter
No you don't.

3A = 720W
13A = Above 720W

Critical angles, total internal angles etc etc are NOT in the course. The only thing you need to know is how to identify the angle of incidence and refraction.

Awwww thank you - i glanced over the topic and it looks quite difficult to understand. Glad it's not in the course :biggrin:
No you don't.

3A = 720W
13A = Above 720W

I was taught that the rules were 3A<700W 13>700W... If we do have a question like that hopefully the values is the 700 range.
I was taught that the rules were 3A<700W 13>700W... If we do have a question like that hopefully the values is the 700 range.

Made a mistake, meant to say a 3A fuse is used for appliances rated up to 720W so 400W would use 3A etc etc

In the course notes it states:
3A fuse formost appliances rated up to 720W, 13A fuse forappliances rated over 720W

I guess ur teacher said 700W, because it's closer to 700 maybe lol
Made a mistake, meant to say a 3A fuse is used for appliances rated up to 720W so 400W would use 3A etc etc

In the course notes it states:
3A fuse formost appliances rated up to 720W, 13A fuse forappliances rated over 720W

I guess ur teacher said 700W, because it's closer to 700 maybe lol

Yeah, I should probably use what it says in the course notes... Thanks Man ! :smile:
Do we need to know, what a perfect bounce of a ball looks like on a graph and how to interpret it in different ways ?

Oh and when drawing graphs, do we join them up (dot to dot) or draw a line of best fit ?
Do we need to know, what a perfect bounce of a ball looks like on a graph and how to interpret it in different ways ?

Oh and when drawing graphs, do we join them up (dot to dot) or draw a line of best fit ?

? Perfect bounce?

If you can do them dot to dot then yes, if not then best fit
? Perfect bounce?

If you can do them dot to dot then yes, if not then best fit

Thanks

Okay I'll take that as a No :biggrin: WOOOOO

What topic is that from?
What topic is that from?

Dynamics and Space; The Velocity/Time Graphs section,

My class did a whole lesson on it.
Can someone please give an example of a half life question and talk me through how to do it? For some reason, I'm finding this difficult to understand...

Please somebody help :frown: i know it's getting late but I dont understand it at all and i am sure there will be loads of questions on half life

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending