The Student Room Group

I'm 4'9 and unlikley to grow

It's so annoying, my doctor says that my bone plates have fused early and that I won't grow (I'm 16 years old) and even my little sisters are taller than me. It also doesn't help that my best friend is 5'10 so we look like an odd pair and she'll be 6ft 2 in prom wearing normal heels and I'll be 5ft3 in these big, deadly 6 inch heels.

Does anyone else share my pain?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Being tall really isn't all it's deemed to be tbh (5'8 and 16)
Be happy with your height and embrace it, almost everyone tends to have a love/hate relationship with their size lol
Reply 2
Original post by Nurani61105
It's so annoying, my doctor says that my bone plates have fused early and that I won't grow (I'm 16 years old) and even my little sisters are taller than me. It also doesn't help that my best friend is 5'10 so we look like an odd pair and she'll be 6ft 2 in prom wearing normal heels and I'll be 5ft3 in these big, deadly 6 inch heels.

at least you can cope with heels, im 5"1 and cant take wearing bloody 3 cm heels for 5 mins
im always in trainers (maybe flats for school)
but apparently it's a good thing because it's "cute" ... i dont believe that, especially not on me, but ive gotten over it...i'll never grow
Reply 3
dont worry im short too :frown:(
I dont embrace your pain as i am a guy whose 6ft! All im going to say is you should be happy with your height :biggrin:
Oh crap I thought 5"9 was bad... I don't think you should worry about it tbh.
Original post by Ayaz789
I dont embrace your pain as i am a guy whose 6ft! All im going to say is you should be happy with your height :biggrin:

3 more inches. So close yet so far😭😭😭😭
5 ft 4 :/
Reply 8

Are you a girl?
Reply 9
Tough luck G
Yes i feel your pain im roughly the same size and it doesnt help that my friends are 5'8 and 5'9
Original post by animeamanda1412
at least you can cope with heels, im 5"1 and cant take wearing bloody 3 cm heels for 5 mins
im always in trainers (maybe flats for school)
but apparently it's a good thing because it's "cute" ... i dont believe that, especially not on me, but ive gotten over it...i'll never grow

It's cute when a girl is short.
Don't get it twisted i said when ''a'' girl is short.
Don't send me PMs

Idk about being short, but being tall has its downfalls. Your legs feel like they belong to someone else. Well mine do...
If you're constantly getting taller, you have to always buy new clothes.
I've donated so many pairs of shoesand trousers to charity.
You feel like a giant on buses, and people can't help but look at you. Going upstairs on the bus is a no go, my head touches the ceiling.

Accept who you are....

Spoiler

6f2 :frown:
Original post by Konahagakure
3 more inches. So close yet so far😭😭😭😭

I think i might be 6"1 lol , havent check in a while now!:smile:
Original post by Ayaz789
I think i might be 6"1 lol , havent check in a while now!:smile:

When did you stop growing?
Original post by Konahagakure
When did you stop growing?

This week:P hahaha idk , i turn 18 in a week and a bit
Original post by LastMinReviseGuy
It's cute when a girl is short.
Don't get it twisted i said when ''a'' girl is short.
Don't send me PMs

Idk about being short, but being tall has its downfalls. Your legs feel like they belong to someone else. Well mine do...
If you're constantly getting taller, you have to always buy new clothes.
I've donated so many pairs of shoesand trousers to charity.
You feel like a giant on buses, and people can't help but look at you. Going upstairs on the bus is a no go, my head touches the ceiling.

Accept who you are....

Spoiler

1. the last thing i want to do is look for a guy on TSR (ngl im not even into finding a boyfriend, im content with my kpop baes :colondollar:)
2. being "cute" short and being a rat in the midst of towers are two majorly different things trust me xD
3. buying new stuff every time is not as bad as a 16 year old having to go to the kid's section to get 11-12 year old stuff; its annoying af...and when i get size small i have to shorten everything by 10cm, so.much.work TT^TT
i would literally do anything to get taller
4. on buses when i need to get off of a packed bus and some tall people are infront of me, no matter how much i scream "EXCUSE ME", they wont here me coz im like an ant shouting at giraffes

and im going to sixth form next year....kinda dreading it ngl xDD

You're about the same height as Peter Crouch. You'll be fine, it is normal
Original post by animeamanda1412
1. the last thing i want to do is look for a guy on TSR (ngl im not even into finding a boyfriend, im content with my kpop baes :colondollar:)
2. being "cute" short and being a rat in the midst of towers are two majorly different things trust me xD
3. buying new stuff every time is not as bad as a 16 year old having to go to the kid's section to get 11-12 year old stuff; its annoying af...and when i get size small i have to shorten everything by 10cm, so.much.work TT^TT
i would literally do anything to get taller
4. on buses when i need to get off of a packed bus and some tall people are infront of me, no matter how much i scream "EXCUSE ME", they wont here me coz im like an ant shouting at giraffes

and im going to sixth form next year....kinda dreading it ngl xDD

Kpop baes, LOL.

What you lack in size make up for in confidence. If a little girl has attitude, everyone i mean everyone will get out the way.

Here's my bias.
Original post by LastMinReviseGuy
Kpop baes, LOL.

What you lack in size make up for in confidence. If a little girl has attitude, everyone i mean everyone will get out the way.

Here's my bias.

lool
i have a whole list of biases, but my ultimate bias..

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending