The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
5x2=7
Reply 61
Geography GCSE this year, question asked how vegetation had adapted to survive in a desert, i wrote a whole paragraph about the Fennec Fox before realising that it wasn't vegetation :s-smilie:
In the biology exam I accidently put alcahol as an illegal drug without actually reading the question..
:colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash:
My GCSE Geography exam, a hot summer's day in 2012.

The question was: 'Write about a big change in your area and how it has affected your area (3 marks)'.

Mind went blank.

It was a cue to talk about the Olympics.

I made something up about parks.

Ended up with 359/400 for Geography (89.75%).
Reply 64
i didnt write my final answer in the answer box
2 x -2 = -2
Once in a 3 hour exam I messed up my timings so that I thought I was almost out of time and rushed to finish. Finished that exam in 1 and a half hours. Moral of the story: learn to read analogue clocks.
Called the examiner 'mum'. :colondollar:

Spoiler

Reply 68
Writing a ten mark essay on duty of care in law then realising that it was between the wrong people....10 marks gone...deffo reading questions 3 times now
Reply 69
Original post by 11ahf
GCSE OCR computing, 270UMS out of a total 300UMS for the A*.
Hahahah ahhh well at least it wasn't A-level than, would have been a lot more annoying however I can understand your pain haha :P
To be honest, any of the rubbish I've made up for wjec poetry, especially today. Genuinely didn't realise it was about prostitution.
In my philosophy exam, the first question was 'give one teaching about marriage' my mind went totally blank.
Also, in my maths mock i didn't have a compass and decided to draw the loci question freehand... got 3/3 and my best friend, who did it properly, only got 2 xD
Reply 71
Original post by Loyale
Writing a ten mark essay on duty of care in law then realising that it was between the wrong people....10 marks gone...deffo reading questions 3 times now

Ouch... I did something similar in Law01 when I wrote about the Practice statement for one question on Precedent, then moved onto the next question and wrote half of the next answer then had to go back when I realised the PS question also asked about distinguishing:s-smilie:
Reply 72
Original post by 99joey
Hahahah ahhh well at least it wasn't A-level than, would have been a lot more annoying however I can understand your pain haha :P

Definitely would have been worse had it been A level - but I was more annoyed at the unfair marking and how some markers would have been more lenient than the actual grade. It being so tantalisingly close to the boundary and over such a silly thing made it so frustrating though.
Reply 73
hannah has -9 sweets
Reply 74
Today, in economics, I wrote my ten mark question as if it was the 25 mark essay... Totally over killed it and wasted loads of time >.>
Reply 75
Original post by AfcFob
Ouch... I did something similar in Law01 when I wrote about the Practice statement for one question on Precedent, then moved onto the next question and wrote half of the next answer then had to go back when I realised the PS question also asked about distinguishing:s-smilie:

At least you realised, i finished LAW02 ten mins early sitting there like an idiot....
Original post by Pigeon26
In yesterday's Religious Studies exam I chose the wrong question and managed to answer a 27 mark part to my paper that we hadn't studied :s-smilie:

lmaoo aqa rs right? Every year some don does that
Reply 77
Original post by Loyale
At least you realised, i finished LAW02 ten mins early sitting there like an idiot....

Had to rush Crim Courts though because it took me like 10 mins extra to finish precedent so I didn't get all the marks I was capable of
Posting a question on Tsr asking for help on a physics question.
I didn't understand why if the resistance is 0, the voltage is 0 when V=IR :colondollar:
This isn't a mistake exactly. In GCSE two years ago in physics it asked to name a transformer. My mind went blank so I wrote Optimus Prime.

Latest