The Student Room Group

OCR Physics A Breadth of Physics (24th May 2016) Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by M0nkey Thunder
I would really advise against that...

You really need to be in the state to think at your best when it comes to physics. It's a bit risky

Exactly what he said. Get at least 8 hours sleep and if you do need to revise more wake up early. It actually is more refreshing too.

Good luck to everyone
Just think about it. Most people are scared of this exam after the specimen paper. Obvsly the board doesn't want everyone to fail, so they are most likely to make the paper slightly easier than the spec!
So stop worrying about it and just revise for it.
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONEEEE
What questions do you think are the hardest in our course? Any areas that crop up in papers often/.
Reply 183
Could anyone/everyone post some common questions/answers, I think that would help everyone out:smile:
good luck everyone
How confident is everyone feeling? :s-smilie:
Define newton's laws is one common question!
I hate exams now, last week i was oright but I've slumped

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 188
What I noticed from doing the practice papers, most questions were from module 3 and more importantly didn't ask to describe any experiment whereas I've been told to learn them (maybe for the depth paper?), anyone else feels the same?
Original post by Seth17
What I noticed from doing the practice papers, most questions were from module 3 and more importantly didn't ask to describe any experiment whereas I've been told to learn them (maybe for the depth paper?), anyone else feels the same?

Same; I feel like the depth will be very much experiment based.
Original post by Doooo
So if I am dropping physics and not carrying on in year 13, this grade I get this year matters and I will get an AS grade in physics which I will have to submit onto my record?

Not only to you, but to everyone. Anyone who is intending or has decided to drop physics tomorrow's exam will contribute to your final AS Physics grade. Good luck to everyone!
Original post by srayogn
Not only to you, but to everyone. Anyone who is intending or has decided to drop physics tomorrow's exam will contribute to your final AS Physics grade. Good luck to everyone!

But what happens if I only get C this time and keep Physics next year? Can I still get A?
does anyone have/know of a definition list for module 4 all the electronics/waves section if so could you please send me a link thank you
Original post by TheSurrealTV
But what happens if I only get C this time and keep Physics next year? Can I still get A?

yes the grade from your as won't count towards your full A level in that case as you have to retake all the as content with your a2s anyway. The as grade will be used for your predicted grades though which are the grades universities make offers upon.
At least I'm not being raped alone by OCR.... Physics is like the purple skittle out of all my subjects, chemistry and maths being the green skittles. Too much **** to remember, electricity should be a subject itself lool
how to calculate uncertainty? Anyone (help!!!!!):frown:
Original post by Rockyboy
how to calculate uncertainty? Anyone (help!!!!!):frown:

image.jpeg
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Good luck everybody! :smile:
Original post by TheSurrealTV

Yes, this test actually matters as Cowen told me, but an A is still possible because all the actual exams will be taken next year if you're not thinking about dropping it.
Reply 199
Good luck everyone:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest