The Student Room Group

Missed gcses... What's going to happen?

So far i've missed most of my exams, I got into two but late, and couldn't concentrate. So it's a long-term condition that has worsened the last few weeks (ironically probably because of exams. ._. )
So the exams officer at my school has been incredibly unhelpful, the only information i've been able to get out of her was pretty much i'm going to fail.

At this point, I don't care about the individual grades, all I want now is to get better again, and to get into college to do art next year. (5 c's)

I have a note from a doctor about my attendance the last few years, will that be enough to avoid a fine or anything for missing the exams?
On most occasions I made it into school before the exam, only to be sent home :frown:

So anyway i'm really just asking a few things:
-Does anyone know wether they may give me my predicted, or at least give me a pass?
-If I cannot get the gcses required is there a way to possibly still do the college course? If not, what the heck do I do for the next two years?
-Do I need to get another letter from a doctor?/will there be a fine for missing them?
Original post by Roseora
So far i've missed most of my exams, I got into two but late, and couldn't concentrate. So it's a long-term condition that has worsened the last few weeks (ironically probably because of exams. ._. )
So the exams officer at my school has been incredibly unhelpful, the only information i've been able to get out of her was pretty much i'm going to fail.

At this point, I don't care about the individual grades, all I want now is to get better again, and to get into college to do art next year. (5 c's)

I have a note from a doctor about my attendance the last few years, will that be enough to avoid a fine or anything for missing the exams?
On most occasions I made it into school before the exam, only to be sent home :frown:

So anyway i'm really just asking a few things:
-Does anyone know wether they may give me my predicted, or at least give me a pass?
-If I cannot get the gcses required is there a way to possibly still do the college course? If not, what the heck do I do for the next two years?
-Do I need to get another letter from a doctor?/will there be a fine for missing them?

You may get considered to be awarded predicted grades as long as you do 50% of the course. soo u need to attend a few exam I think, and i think this only is done if you have something very serious or life threatening :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest