The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KoreanSpammer
GG.

who are you btw...

I'm guessing you won't tell me.
Original post by GwynLordOfCinder
I was talking to someone else about this recently. A while ago I had a different account on here and ended up talking to a lot of people and posting a lot, but after a while it kinda feels like that's the only aspect of you personality you can express through the account and it kind of becomes like a character you have to maintain. Even though no one is actually forcing you to do it.

Ah, hm I agree.

Idk how but it's such a huge expectation that it's almost like you don't want to ...disappoint anyone(?) Even for those people on here who are aware, for example, that I'm not feeling great atm, they still expect me to be able to bounce back within 20 seconds bc "I'm anon". Like you say, they don't state it, but it's evident. I guess I just can't do it anymore.

Original post by hezzlington
I'm always fascinated by how TSR impacts people so severely (for the worse..)

I personally don't think it's just TSR that's the entirety of the cause.- It'd be ..strange if that were the case. I do think however, that TSR has made me unable to deal with real life situations as well as I previously would've. Having an account on this site has somewhat turned me into this inept human being. It's like it strips you of your basic functionalities. Sounds ridiculous but idec. I'm not saying life was perfect prior to making an account but if I an obstacle came my way then I'd be able to leap over it pretty well and continue with my day-to-day life. However, as of now, something slaps itself into my life and I end up breaking 5 limbs as a result. - I don't know how, I don't know why but I guess I can't wait to leave so I can try + get a grip + sort myself out +..idk breathe.

Original post by CoolCavy
Same Anon, i'm glad we can relate to each other because so often i feel out of place in society (and no this isn't all edgy for anyone reading this :rolleyes:) even on here i feel like people take me and you as a bit of a joke, despite the fact we both have brains (if i'm allowed to say that lol) and just because i'm not the most technologically or socially competent person that somehow translates as 'simple minded'. And i agree, some stuff is best left unsaid and would probably shock a lot of people that know us both, however sometimes i can't keep everything in online as well as inrl and i think occasionally we should be allowed to do that so long as it wasn't to the detriment of ourselves or anyone else.
Yes exactly, even though i don't think that summer will solve anything for me but at least we won't have exams to worry about :hugs:
ilysm too Anon :lovehug: and don't let anyone put you down, you are fab ok <3

Yes, I totally agree with everything you've just said. It'll just be nice to not be here. I know nothing irl will ever go back to the way it was bc it just won't but I believe that TSR isn't helping either of us.

You're fab too Cavy, ty + Goodnight, I think I'm going to bed now bc it's quite late. Sleep well. :hugs: :heart:
Original post by Anon_98
Ah, hm I agree.

Idk how but it's such a huge expectation that it's almost like you don't want to ...disappoint anyone(?) Even for those people on here who are aware, for example, that I'm not feeling great atm, they still expect me to be able to bounce back within 20 seconds bc "I'm anon". Like you say, they don't state it, but it's evident. I guess I just can't do it anymore.

I personally don't think it's just TSR that's the entirety of the cause.- It'd be ..strange if that were the case. I do think however, that TSR has made me unable to deal with real life situations as well as I previously would've. Having an account on this site has somewhat turned me into this inept human being. It's like it strips you of your basic functionalities. Sounds ridiculous but idec. I'm not saying life was perfect prior to making an account but if I an obstacle came my way then I'd be able to leap over it pretty well and continue with my day-to-day life. However, as of now, something slaps itself into my life and I end up breaking 5 limbs as a result. - I don't know how, I don't know why but I guess I can't wait to leave so I can try + get a grip + sort myself out +..idk breathe.

Yes, I totally agree with everything you've just said. It'll just be nice to not be here. I know nothing irl will ever go back to the way it was bc it just won't but I believe that TSR isn't helping either of us.

You're fab too Cavy, ty + Goodnight, I think I'm going to bed now bc it's quite late. Sleep well. :hugs: :heart:

What specifically about TSR has made you that way do you think?
Take dem rose tinted glasses off for a second. Do a poll asking user base if content affecting users gets removed in the same timeframe as anything negative about mods ?

:toofunny:

Ily. <3
who are you btw...

I'm guessing you won't tell me.

HAHA I will message you on my main account. Nobody believes I'm who I am so I will log into the other one and pm you. Every1 tinks am a banned user and whilst I have been close a couple times with dem pesky red cards I ain't ever even had temp ban fam.
Original post by Anon_98
:toofunny:

Ily. <3

Lol idek u dat well fam spoke to you on mans dupe more than the main account ygm. But love you too.
It goes far deeper than people saying mean things.

It seems like this website really grips people and has a massive effect on their wellbeing in that they need to have 'breaks' from it. I've never seen anything quite like it.

Lol, I think this is largely because people kind of make this their text based second home. Which isn't healthy. But I don't think a lot of people see it as the same thing as being a nerd level 70 World of Warcraft user with a 50 man strong clan (or whatever) even though it's largely identical when you look past the gaming aspect.

Anyway I just come on here to talk basketball :colonhash:
I do agree with you MrDystopia, but I've never seen this sort of thing on any other forum tbh.

Other forums don't target students. I think a sizable chunk of the users are GCSE/ALevel kids who may lack those friendships and social things irl. So they come here where they meet people similarish ages to them. TSR basically revolves around that target audience and so it's very irresponsible to just expect these, kids essentially, to just be able to break away from that.
Other forums don't target students. I think a sizable chunk of the users are GCSE/ALevel kids who may lack those friendships and social things irl. So they come here where they meet people similarish ages to them. TSR basically revolves around that target audience and so it's very irresponsible to just expect these, kids essentially, to just be able to break away from that.

The other two forums I am part of; one is for students the other is for everybody.

Irresponsible to expect kids to break away from what?
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Lol, I think this is largely because people kind of make this their text based second home. Which isn't healthy. But I don't think a lot of people see it as the same thing as being a nerd level 70 World of Warcraft user with a 50 man strong clan (or whatever) even though it's largely identical when you look past the gaming aspect.

Yeah I guess so, that's quite a good way of putting it. Escapism
HAHA I will message you on my main account. Nobody believes I'm who I am so I will log into the other one and pm you. Every1 tinks am a banned user and whilst I have been close a couple times with dem pesky red cards I ain't ever even had temp ban fam.

Hmmmmmm
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple

This is the nail on the head. Student's frequently do things things for escapism i guess. That's likely why students drink and do drugs so much more then other life stages. Some just turn to other things, be it gaming or tsr

Exactly. U spk a lot of sense fam
The other two forums I am part of; one is for students the other is for everybody.

Irresponsible to expect kids to break away from what?

The social lives they've built up on here. Many don't have those relationships outside of tsr
Exactly. U spk a lot of sense fam

Thank you, your name is also misleading. Your posts on this thread have been the opposite of spam
The social lives they've built up on here. Many don't have those relationships outside of tsr

But why? is the question.

Tfw you don't even know who I am. :colonhash: logged out and in for that fam.
Tfw you don't even know who I am. :colonhash: logged out and in for that fam.

Sorry :biggrin:

To be fair you probably didn't know who I was either :smile:

Because some people are too self conscious of their voice, body whatever to form such relationships because they are too awkward to go out for fear of people judging them even more. Or they may live in restrictive areas where they can't do what they want so come on here to escape because they can be 'out' on here amongst other things.
Thank you, your name is also misleading. Your posts on this thread have been the opposite of spam

hahaha nahhhh mans not spammer looooolll. This is just a dupe of my main account ygm trying to get space from dat atm so use this now and again but I prefer it cause not many ppl know me and my main account isn't even that well known. Can speak my mind more here tho. But yeeeeee username is bare misleading would ask for a change but there's more red tape here than in Brussels so cba and it ain't that deep.

Penny just dropped why TSR are so Bremain :lol:

Latest