The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Original post by Katrina.e11
Would you let a 12 year old tutor your 9 and under child. I'm not going to brag about my grades. I ace classes and I'm pretty intelligent. I'm not doing this to make money. I'm very nagotionable and I'm just very eager to help someone out during my summer. I can help wit maths, readimg , or drumming.

Reading * sorry
Reply 2
Would you let a 12 year old tutor your 9 and under child. I'm not going to brag about my grades. I ace classes and I'm pretty intelligent. I'm not doing this to make money. I'm very nagotionable and I'm just very eager to help someone out during my summer. I can help wit maths, readimg , or drumming.

Given the post, probably not.
Reply 3

If you're serious then I think it's great that you're thinking about working and helping others at your age. I doubt you'll be able to make any money out of it though. If you really want to do it then I recommend you ask family/friends if they know parents who would like free tutoring for their child.

BUT, if you want to be taken seriously here and as a tutor then you need to be careful how you write e.g. spelling mistakes, grammar etc. No one will take you seriously if you are careless. I think a lot of people who read your initial post may be doubtful that you are mature enough to tutor.

Probably not, you're pretty young and that post isn't swaying me for tuition.
teach yoself first
Reply 6
Tralalalala Trololololol
Reply 7
Hell no.
I'm not going to brag about my grades. I ace classes

I like your style.

Problem is, most parents don't hire tutors for their children until it comes up to big exams like GCSEs or A levels, or if they're just extremely rich and want somebody else to help their kids with their homework or something. The other problem is, at 12 you don't have any qualifications which can show a prospective parent that you're good - if you had GCSEs, A levels, a degree etc. that would show them that you understand the material yourself and could therefore be able to teach it.

Your best bet, as somebody else said, would be to look for family friends.

But yeah I mean I'm a long way off having children but if I were going to hire a tutor for a 9 year old child, I guess I'd feel safe having them in the hands of a captable 12 year old that I knew
lol? who would say yes?
is 'nagotionable' a word?
Please don't say you're an English tutor!
I'd like to to, like you I don't want to brag much but my lowest is a 97 (computer science elective), and im in all gifted/accelerated (math double accel) classes as an 11 year old, I think I'd be a great fit.
Original post by themelonlord21
I'd like to to, like you I don't want to brag much but my lowest is a 97 (computer science elective), and im in all gifted/accelerated (math double accel) classes as an 11 year old, I think I'd be a great fit.

This post is 5 years old, please don't bump old posts :smile:
Original post by Maysa Mohammed
I would

Well, the thread starter will be 19 now.

Welcome to TSR. Don’t forget to check original post dates before bumping old threads.

Latest