The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 05autyt
Hey, I'm on 225mg venlafaxine too and have been since the beginning of March. I really do not get on with it, I've noticed no positive effects so far. The side effects have been awful for me too, awful night sweats, insomnia and shakes! Really want to change meds to be honest. Don't really know what to suggest really but I hope you sort it soon - I'd ask the doctor what is best to do to be honest!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you talked to your doctor about trying something else? different medications work for different people so hopefully you can find something that will work :smile: good luck
Original post by usycool1
I'm in the psychiatric ward right now but I just want to go home :frown:

I'm allowed to self discharge but I don't know how I'll get home. It's miles outside London :s-smilie:

:jumphug:
Parklands mental health unit is beyond ****. They have forgotten to order my meds AGAIN so I have to go without meds AGAIN.
Original post by 05autyt
Hey, I'm on 225mg venlafaxine too and have been since the beginning of March. I really do not get on with it, I've noticed no positive effects so far. The side effects have been awful for me too, awful night sweats, insomnia and shakes! Really want to change meds to be honest. Don't really know what to suggest really but I hope you sort it soon - I'd ask the doctor what is best to do to be honest!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm on 375mg and I get sweats too, they suck :frown:
Mentor keeps asking me if I want to go to the sessions anymore, think it's her way of saying go away. lol. Glad I didn't go into detail about the voices and ****. She also had a go at me about "not communicating" what's going on and I have been. She just doesn't like the reasons I give.

Ended up not booking a GP appointment either, she'll probably say something about doing work or whatever. Wish everyone wasn't so focussed on the work, it's the least of my worries right now.

Oh well, at least I tried or something.
Feel so paranoid and idk why lol
Is anyone awake?
Original post by Pathway
Is anyone awake?

Me. Have been all night. Think I'm going to go for an early morning walk although I really shouldn't...

How are you?
Original post by Lizzipth_Floyd
Me. Have been all night. Think I'm going to go for an early morning walk although I really shouldn't...

How are you?

I'm the same. ED thoughts are strong though. :frown:

Not good...

Spoiler

How are you??
Original post by Pathway
I'm the same. ED thoughts are strong though. :frown:

Not good...

Spoiler

How are you??

Ahh, I'm really sorry. :frown: Please try to be kind to yourself day. Do you think anything will help today to do?

Spoiler

Original post by Lizzipth_Floyd
Ahh, I'm really sorry. :frown: Please try to be kind to yourself day. Do you think anything will help today to do?

Spoiler

I don't know. :/

You're welcome to PM me if you need to vent or something. Hospital admissions must be scary, I hope they're able to treat you without needing to hospitalise you, but if it comes to that I hope they help you.
Original post by Pathway
I don't know. :/

You're welcome to PM me if you need to vent or something. Hospital admissions must be scary, I hope they're able to treat you without needing to hospitalise you, but if it comes to that I hope they help you.

Thank you. Same to you; can always PM me at any time :smile:
Being discharged today :awesome: Been here for almost 5 days now but I feel ready to go back :smile:

Looks like I'll get to spend my birthday in freedom tomorrow :biggrin:
Being discharged today :awesome: Been here for almost 5 days now but I feel ready to go back :smile:

that's awesome news :smile:

Fab stuff! :penguinhug:

I'm out and about tomorrow and have a memory like a sieve, so: HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR TOMORROW :nutcase: :woo: :party: :yeah: :yay:

:awesome:

:h:
Things are going so badly right now. :cry2:

Nice one, buddy; glad to hear you're feeling better. . :smile:

Hope you enjoy your birthday! :beer:
Had panic attack after panic attack today while Callan's been at college and my mum's been out all day so couldn't get a hold of her. Roll on 5pm til he gets back. Could do with a hug from him :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sabertooth
Things are going so badly right now. :cry2:

:hugs:

want to tell us what's happening?
Wanted to tell my psychiatrist the truth about how I have been feeling this morning but I couldn't because my mum was in the meeting. I'm officially on a community treatment order now :frown:

Latest