The Student Room Group

IAL Edexcel Physics Unit 1 24th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by saitama kun
i cant recall da nswer horiz distance is 0.3 m i think n time is 0.6 sec

How did u measure the distance? you used a ruler right? So I measured the horz distance with a ruler and I got 3.2cm which is 0.032m.
i cant recall da nswer horiz distance is 0.3 m i think n time is 0.6 sec

Time for the horizontal motion would be same as time for vertical fall (x to y) so i used t=6/20 seconds..isn't it?
Reply 62
Original post by Sunethra
I said v against r2 and find the gradient gives the viscosity.

I said plot a graph of Viscous drag on the y-axis and 6*r*pi*v on the x-axis and use the gradient to find viscosity.
Original post by Zainat0987
Time for the horizontal motion would be same as time for vertical fall (x to y) so i used t=6/20 seconds..isn't it?

dat da time taken fr half da motion of da projectile u must multiply dat by 2
Original post by Sunethra
How did u measure the distance? you used a ruler right? So I measured the horz distance with a ruler and I got 3.2cm which is 0.032m.

im nt sure of dat value bt u mst first measure da vertical distance frm ruler x to y den use da distance calc in prev question to make a scale den convert da horizontal measurement into da real horizontal distance
dat da time taken fr half da motion of da projectile u must multiply dat by 2

I assume we were told only to deal with the falling distance just (x to y) ..not like like that of the ball going up and then coming down so were not required to find the time of flight or something..
im nt sure of dat value bt u mst first measure da vertical distance frm ruler x to y den use da distance calc in prev question to make a scale den convert da horizontal measurement into da real horizontal distance

O yeah i did like that..what did u get as horz distance?
i only measured half of the distance and I got 1.7cm and not 3.2cm then I used s=ut ( with time as 0.3 from the previous question) is that correct
Reply 68
no unofficial mark scheme?
Did any1 else get 7.9x10^-14 ohm metres for the resistivity on the last q?

And did any1 get 0.77 for the efficiency of the electric motor q? The current and voltage were given along with the mass and height the weight was lifted by...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Rumpelstiltskin_
Did any1 else get 7.9x10^-14 ohm metres for the resistivity on the last q?

And did any1 get 0.77 for the efficiency of the electric motor q? The current and voltage were given along with the mass and height the weight was lifted by...

No because we gave unit 1 IAL,You're on the wrong thread dude.
Original post by OnTheHorizon
No because we gave unit 1 IAL,You're on the wrong thread dude.

Ahh ok, sorry bout that lol
Which thread is the paper I did today then?
Ahh ok, sorry bout that lol
Which thread is the paper I did today then?

I don't even know your board ._. You can check the main forum page though you'll find it easily.
Original post by OnTheHorizon
I don't even know your board ._. You can check the main forum page though you'll find it easily.

Its edexcel gce unit 1..

Thanks dude :smile:
Its edexcel gce unit 1..

Thanks dude :smile:

I think this might be it.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4113915&page=3
is 55/80 an A in this paper??

Nah thats not it, but thx for having a look anyway :smile:
Original post by joseluissanz11
is 55/80 an A in this paper??

Wait for grade boundaries dude
Nah thats not it, but thx for having a look anyway :smile:

Sorry then I don't really see another thread :frown:
I'm hoping for at least 50/80 , paper was Medium in the beginning, then it got hard in the last few pages so I'd rate an A with 49-51 /80

Quick Reply

Latest