Original post by jannz
What was ur guys value for spring constant k

3.67 x 10^ 3 Nm-1
Original post by zainat0987
perfect i got that too..😀

cheers :d
Reply 64
How much score do I nd to get for A grade
Did we require to scale the horizontal distance measured from the image with a ruler according to the vertical distance stated ?? For the projectile problem..
Reply 66
What was ur guys value for spring constant k
Original post by Zainat0987
Did we require to scale the horizontal distance measured from the image with a ruler according to the vertical distance stated ?? For the projectile problem..

Well I'm not sure but i used the same scale for range
which i used in part a to get vertical height
Original post by kpm123

Prolly above 55 (minimum)
Original post by kpm123

Safe bet would b anything above 55 raw marks out 80..thats how it has been since the shift to IAL..
Reply 70
Well great my spring constant came same........what do u think the grade boundary will be for A.....
Ok what did u guys do for probably the most toughest ques..which stated how would the angle theta affect the forces inward or something for the poles (5 marks QWC Question)...expecting to lose all the marks out of it 😢
Ok what did u guys do for probably the most toughest ques..which stated how would the angle theta affect the forces inward or something for the poles (5 marks QWC Question)...expecting to lose all the marks out of it 😢

Increase in theta increases vertical component and decreases horizontal component and over all magnitude of force Also decreased
What did u write?
Reply 73
How did u guys show the distance is about 0.4 m in that bouncing ball ques....
What did u guys write abt difference in k.e between boat and the rower?
Original post by jannz
How did u guys show the distance is about 0.4 m in that bouncing ball ques....

Use scale eg 1cm=0.1m
So 4 willbe 0.4 mm like that !
Reply 76

I cant remember exactly what I wrote. Something like: Increase in angle theta would result in a lower horizontal force because Tcos(theta) would reduce hence low/no resultant force horizontally on the pole so little/no acceleration of the pole horizontally... And I wrote some jack sh*t about the vertical getting larger as angle increases Tsin(theta) ..
Original post by wenogk
I cant remember exactly what I wrote. Something like: Increase in angle theta would result in a lower horizontal force because Tcos(theta) would reduce hence low/no resultant force horizontally on the pole so little/no acceleration of the pole horizontally... And I wrote some jack sh*t about the vertical getting larger as angle increases Tsin(theta) ..

It's correct i wrote the same xD
Original post by MrBioBombastic
Well I'm not sure but i used the same scale for range
which i used in part a to get vertical height

Well i was also doing that intially measured the horz. Distance and got 3.2cm then i measured the vertical dist. of the image and the ruler showed something around 7cm but the ques stated the the dist to be around 0.44m ..which obivously dont match..so yeah than i scalecd the horz. distance according to the ratio from the image..
Original post by MrBioBombastic
Use scale eg 1cm=0.1m
So 4 willbe 0.4 mm like that !

For steel I said steel has high tensile strength..etc. Is that okay?
I was so freaked out during the exam. I was so stressed and all my classmates found the paper hard. I'm so scared, I'm so scared of a B

Quick Reply

Latest