The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Physics Unit 1 WPH01 May June 2016 Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by MrBioBombastic
What did u guys write abt difference in k.e between boat and the rower?

That question was weird what did you write, I'm afraid my answer is most probably wrong..
:kungfu: TAKE THAT EDEXCEL!
Original post by Zainat0987
Well i was also doing that intially measured the horz. Distance and got 3.2cm then i measured the vertical dist. of the image and the ruler showed something around 7cm but the ques stated the the dist to be around 0.44m ..which obivously dont match..so yeah than i scalecd the horz. distance according to the ratio from the image..

Yep I also got 0.32 m after converting lol
Use scale eg 1cm=0.1m
So 4 willbe 0.4 mm like that !

No i assume it was a 4 mark ques .so just scaling this would not do..
We needed to use s=ut +1/2 at^2..where u =0..a=9.81..t=6/20 sec
Original post by Sunethra
For steel I said steel has high tensile strength..etc. Is that okay?
I was so freaked out during the exam. I was so stressed and all my classmates found the paper hard. I'm so scared, I'm so scared of a B

I wrote steel is ductile so it can be stretched into wires and rods
Increase in theta increases vertical component and decreases horizontal component and over all magnitude of force Also decreased
What did u write?

Just poured a cup of sh*t on that..lol 😂

Thats what i did t was 0.32 s
37000Nm-1

Wht did u get for the horizontal velocity?
I measure the horizontal distance using a ruler and I got 3.2cm which is 0.032m. I got the time as 0.6s. using that I used S=ut+1/2at2 or s=ut (I don't remember)

Btw i was saying this for part a answer lol
Original post by Sunethra
Wht did u get for the horizontal velocity?
I measure the horizontal distance using a ruler and I got 3.2cm which is 0.032m. I got the time as 0.6s. using that I used S=ut+1/2at2 or s=ut (I don't remember)

Well u had to use v=d/t for horizontal velocity and range was 0.32 m
Just poured a cup of sh*t on that..lol 😂

Lol
Thats what i did t was 0.32 s

And multiplied by 2
Original post by wenogk
That question was weird what did you write, I'm afraid my answer is most probably wrong..

Lol i wrote different mass and velocity but not sure whether mine is correct
Original post by wenogk

There were probably two ques regarding energy conversion..i wrote that not all the work done would be converted to ke some would be converted to other form something like that..
There were probably two ques regarding energy conversion..i wrote that not all the work done would be converted to ke some would be converted to other form something like that..

This was answer for why worksone is more than k.e right ?

Lol may b..as i said it was a very lenghty paper i usually remember most questions but this one is an exception..😂

But may be the ques was refering to the movement of the hand while rowing the boat or doing work rowing the boat i.e kinetic energy while rowing more than that of the ke produced while the boat being moved forward..
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 95
What did you guys write for why the ball did not bounce the same height or something like that for 2 marks

this question was tricky
Original post by wenogk
What did you guys write for why the ball did not bounce the same height or something like that for 2 marks

Not all the gpe gets converted to ke..some energies will also be produced as internal energy and may b sound..
Not all the gpe gets converted to ke..some energies will also be produced as internal energy and may b sound..

are u appearin for math c12 tomorrow ?
Original post by ToxicPhantom007
are u appearin for math c12 tomorrow ?

Nope i m done with c12..will b seating for c34 later next month..this is actually my unit 1 retake..😊

Quick Reply

Latest