The Student Room Group

AQA Sociology Unit 1 17/05 & Unit 2 23/05 - Official Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

How was the exam guys?? I thought it was really good!
Questions

01) Identify 2 ethical issues that sociologists should consider in sociological research (4m)

02) Evaluate the 2 advantages of using official statistics in sociological research (16m)

Families and Households

08) Define serial monogamy (2m)

09) Using one example briefly explain how women are exploited... (2m)

10) Explain 3 reasons why women delay childbirth (6m)

11) Outline 2 ways government policies affect the experience of childhood today. (10m)

12) Evaluate the contribution of Marxism to our understanding of the family (20m)
(edited 7 years ago)
20 marker was amazing! Marxist perspective wow! You know the research question (16 mark) did we have to write a conclusion? Or as long as we wrote advantages anf disadvantages it's enough?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jasmine149
20 marker was amazing! Marxist perspective wow! You know the research question (16 mark) did we have to write a conclusion? Or as long as we wrote advantages anf disadvantages it's enough?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it should be, although a conclusion may have been the difference of a mark or two.
Outline 2 ways government policies affect the experience of childhood today. (10m)
What did you guys put for this question?
Original post by sail999
Outline 2 ways government policies affect the experience of childhood today. (10m)

I did:

COMPULSORY SCHOOLING:
- negative effect as it contributed to the age patriarchy (Gittens) by increasing dependency on adults by restricting work time. Linked it in negatively with control of children's time. Then countered it with school allowing adults time to work to pay for their child to have a better childhood.

AGE RESTRICTIONS:
- positive as they protect children. Supported it by saying it is an almost universal value in society to keep children safe.

Not sure if they're right, but that's what I had. What did you put?
The exam went so well!!!!
Original post by sail999

I did china's one child policy
And the ban of child labour
I take back what I said about AQA last Tuesday, this paper was absolutely beautiful, all-round perfect

Thank **** for no demography

Original post by GreenNinjaa
I did china's one child policy
And the ban of child labour

I don't want to be a debbie downer by the way, but china's one child policy has been abolished, so unless you mentioned that and worked around it...
Original post by sail999
Outline 2 ways government policies affect the experience of childhood today. (10m)What did you guys put for this question?

I put child benefits and social behaviour laws
Reply 929
Original post by Thamani
I did:

COMPULSORY SCHOOLING:
- negative effect as it contributed to the age patriarchy (Gittens) by increasing dependency on adults by restricting work time. Linked it in negatively with control of children's time. Then countered it with school allowing adults time to work to pay for their child to have a better childhood.

AGE RESTRICTIONS:
- positive as they protect children. Supported it by saying it is an almost universal value in society to keep children safe.

Not sure if they're right, but that's what I had. What did you put?

I put those two.
Original post by popcornjpg
I take back what I said about AQA last Tuesday, this paper was absolutely beautiful, all-round perfect

Thank **** for no demography

I don't want to be a debbie downer by the way, but china's one child policy has been abolished, so unless you mentioned that and worked around it...

I asked my teacher before, she said all information for aqa sociology will be from the latest textbook, which talks about one child policy. So it's fine to mention it
Original post by sail999

I talked about compulsory education and how it had broken down the barrier of the adult and child world (postman) as children can now read and calculate the things that parents tried to hide eg money, sexual magazines etc
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by GreenNinjaa
I asked my teacher before, she said all information for aqa sociology will be from the latest textbook, which talks about one child policy. So it's fine to mention it

?? just because its in the textbook doesnt mean it links to the question

it said today, the one-child policy has been abolished so it doesn't really affect children anymore
Reply 933
So, good 20 marker wasn't it?

What did you put for the ten marker? My first point was liberalization of divorce laws mean children are now more likely to live in SPF and RF. My second point was about increased child protection.
Reply 934
I did increase child protection such as every child patters and I did age restriction aswell and compared how it effects their lives today with how childhood was like before industrialisation
I wrote about compulsary schooling up to 18 increasing the barrier between child and adult making children economically dependent.

For the second bit i wrote about equal pay and sex discriminatiom laws mean children are now more equal amongst eachother and girls have higher ambitions and can now take part in science and maths. Is that this an okay point to make as it is a policy and i wrote about it affecting children.
How did everyone find the old spec?? Education ?? Corresponddence priniciple, cultural factors, ethnic differences in school..
Reply 937
Original post by missbubbley
How did everyone find the old spec?? Education ?? Corresponddence priniciple, cultural factors, ethnic differences in school..

Questions were not bad just timing went out the window tbh
What are the normal grade boundaries??
Guys what will we need to get in each paper (new spec) for an A overall in terms of marks??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending