The Student Room Group

Why do most girls obsess over guys they can never have?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hamoody
Ladies and gentlemen, on your feet for this lady here :yep:

*cheers**thunderous applause*

Is that a sarcasm or something :rolleyes:
OP I thought you meant those baby-faced hunks who only ever go on stage to sing. (Thankfully some of them have proven themselves as musicians)
But how do we know who is average looking and who is really hot? Isn't this subjective?

And surely looks don't matter as much, in the long run when looking for a perfect "lifetime" partner...
They get gassed up by desperados on the internet and think they actually have a chance.
Original post by fatima1998
Is that a sarcasm or something :rolleyes:

I swear it isn't sarcasm :no:
Reply 25
You can't blame girls for thinking they can get any man. Just open a fake profile on pof as a fat unattractive girl and watch the sea of messages flood in.

Women thinking they can get any man is mostly men's fault.
Original post by Hoekser
Beauty is subjective, yes, but partially, not totally subjective. Is Shakira attractive? There's probably someone out there who thinks she's the ugliest girl to ever walk on this planet but most guys will say she's attractive, well, 'nuff said. Is she attractive? Yes, because most guys find her attractive. Beauty is not totally subjective, the ugliest guy/girl on this planet is surely attractive to someone but if most people think you're ugly, then you're ugly.
Secondly, leagues do exist, and most people eventually end up with someone who belongs to the same league.

I strongly disagree.
You are what you think you are. Do you know why you find Shakira attractive ? - and so do I -
Because she is confident , and you can feel this. Same with everyone, if you think you're great looking and stuff, people will find you attractive !

And I do not believe that there are "ugly" people. I mean some people are less attractive of course, but as I said it's all about confidence. Simply because confident people take care of themselves !
What you call "ugly" people are people who are not confident enough, they're just dressing simply and stuff, not wearing make up etc - or stuff like that, you get me - But maybe If this person had a little more confidence you would find them pretty attractive

What you call average is simple as well. They're people who are confident, but that you are not attracted to. Because ofc you can't be attracted to everyone. This is the proof beauty is subjective

TL;DR the fact that you're not attracted to every human being is clearly the proof beauty is subjective
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
I strongly disagree.
You are what you think you are. Do you know why you find Shakira attractive ? - and so do I -
Because she is confident , and you can feel this. Same with everyone, if you think you're great looking and stuff, people will find you attractive !

And I do not believe that there are "ugly" people. I mean some people are less attractive of course, but as I said it's all about confidence. Simply because confident people take care of themselves !
What you call "ugly" people are people who are not confident enough, they're just dressing simply and stuff, not wearing make up etc - or stuff like that, you get me - But maybe If this person had a little more confidence you would find them pretty attractive

What you call average is simple as well. They're people who are confident, but that you are not attracted to. Because ofc you can't be attracted to everyone. This is the proof beauty is subjective

TL;DR the fact that you're not attracted to every human being is clearly the proof beauty is subjective

You sound like a classic pua, denying looks have any real bearing and how it's all about "confidence"
Original post by ANM775
You sound like a classic pua, denying looks have any real bearing and how it's all about "confidence"

:facepalm:

Looks comes with confidence ! I never denied looks -.-
Reply 29
Original post by Hoekser
Beauty is subjective, yes, but partially, not totally subjective. Is Shakira attractive? There's probably someone out there who thinks she's the ugliest girl to ever walk on this planet but most guys will say she's attractive, well, 'nuff said. Is she attractive? Yes, because most guys find her attractive. Beauty is not totally subjective, the ugliest guy/girl on this planet is surely attractive to someone but if most people think you're ugly, then you're ugly.
Secondly, leagues do exist, and most people eventually end up with someone who belongs to the same league.

You do realise that when money comes into play, leagues don't exist right?
You are putting a handicap on the success you can get from only getting someone based purely on looks alone. Surely personality is important right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending