The Student Room Group

OCR Physics A Breadth of Physics (24th May 2016) Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by viktorh
got 6.8 m/s for the speed of the carbon atom after the collision with the hydrogen atom. Seemed a little small to me but the carbon atom is massive in comparison so Im hoping that's right

I plugged it back in and it was right, so yeah probably
Original post by viktorh
got 6.8 m/s for the speed of the carbon atom after the collision with the hydrogen atom. Seemed a little small to me but the carbon atom is massive in comparison so Im hoping that's right

I got the same
what did people get for the multiple choice question about the power output over x and y with the two resistors in series? I guessed 28mW after coming up with 0.003 watts with all my calculations
What did everyone get for force applied for the graph of u^2 and breaking distance questions? I got 73575 or something using a=8
Original post by julesaquilina
I got something x10^15.... How did you work it out? I used e=pt and divided the energy by 1.6x10^-19

If im being honest I was rushed for time so calculated E and then played around with possibilities until I got a large enough number :/
Original post by Rectum_resizer
What did everyone get for force applied for the graph of u^2 and breaking distance questions? I got 73575 or something using a=8

same
Reply 226
I got 70 something?

also got 70 something, was conservation of momentum I believe?
I got 70 something?

I got 78.6 or 78.8 something like that,I use m1(u1)*m2u(2) equal m1(v1)*m2(v2) whare the initial velocity of second one is 0m/s
I got 70 something?

Original post by viktorh
same

I used a =16

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shmadm
also got 70 something, was conservation of momentum I believe?

Did all you 70 people remember to use a negative value for velocity when the particle was going in the other direction?
Original post by viktorh
same

Forgot to divide 16 by 2 :/
Original post by viktorh
same

I got a=16 from the gradient of graph

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by viktorh
Did all you 70 people remember to use a negative value for velocity when the particle was going in the other direction?

yeah
I thought the collision between the two objects was perfectly elastic - so you could use the conservation of kinetic energy?
Original post by TheRandomGenius
I thought the collision between the two objects was perfectly elastic - so you could use the conservation of kinetic energy?

you might have a point there
Original post by viktorh
same

How do you get equal 8 but I get 16 😞 whare I found gradient equal to 16
For the one with the asteroid I said the force because of the impulse.
Original post by viktorh
you might have a point there

I put momentum and energy
Original post by santos668
How do you get equal 8 but I get 16 😞 whare I found gradient equal to 16

Gradient i got was 400/25 = 16 as m^2s^-2 divided by m = ms^-2

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest