The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA1 - 24 May 2016 - RESIT [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

What were the questions so we can discuss answers and try and make an unofficial mark scheme?
Original post by RUNSran
I got 3.6

I got 3.6 as well
Anyone get 90ohms for last q? after getting a current of 0.05555555... amps?? if not where did i go wrong haha
Original post by Jonah1958
You woulve been right if they asked the max power output but i think they just asked the normal power output

oh I thought you only use vrms when it specifies that we should find average power -I'm worng then
(edited 7 years ago)
Did anyone get about 86ohms for last internal resistance question :/

Yeah I got 86 because when the circuit was connected the pd across the internal resistor was 5v and the pd accorss the 18ohm resistor was only 1v so internal resistance had to be much higher than 18ohms as it had a much larger share of the pd
Anyone get 2.4x10^20 C for charge of nucleus, first question???
Original post by Jacobra
Anyone get 90ohms for last q? after getting a current of 0.05555555... amps?? if not where did i go wrong haha

I did the same, trying to work out what i did :frown:
Original post by marioman
For those who started AS in September 2014 and are resitting Year 13.

Damn, didn't know that.
Original post by kelvin1338
I got 3.6 as well
and current was 0.28 right?
Right so for X strangeness doesn't have to be conserved assuming that it decays by the weak force. However conservation of mass means K^0 isn't possible as mass/energy would have been created from nowhere.

As for the oscilloscope (I can't remember if it meant vertically or horizontally) but it's vertically a dot because DC and its and horizontally a dot because no time scale.
Original post by RUNSran
which question did yo guys get 4400 and how? I got 8800 on the first power question

I got 8800 as well but people seem to have something different :/ I made sure to use the peak voltage (325)instead of the Peak to peak(650) in the one before so I'm not sure what iv done wrong...
Original post by Jacobra

I got 48 ohms, but i think i got it wrong. However I definitely think its not 3.6 ohms. The voltage across the 12ohm resistor was 1V, so the internal resistance got the remaining P.D. Surely this means it has a higher resistance?
Original post by Lazarus26
What did everyone get for the last question?
I got 3.4(3) ohms

me too, and sounds like most people in my school got it too
Original post by Matthewg97
Yeah I got 86 because when the circuit was connected the pd across the internal resistor was 5v and the pd accorss the 18ohm resistor was only 1v so internal resistance had to be much higher than 18ohms as it had a much larger share of the pd

The pd across the terminals (5V) is the emf - internal resistance

The internal resistance was 1V
Oh dear :/ how many marks was that question then???

The whole question or just the internal resistance part? The internal resistance was 2 marks. Don't remember about the whole question
I accidentally put anti kaon^0 because i thought kaon^0 was strangeness of minus 1 but if strangeness doesn't have to be conserved is my answer still correct (albeit maybe dropping method marks)
Last question was 3.4 ohms yup. V=IR 1=0.277777r so 3.4 ohms (I think if you used the rounded value of 0.28 then you get 3.6?)
Reply 237
ay what did you guys put for what the highest dot is in the oscilloscope reading? i put emf. teacher thinks it's terminal PD.
Original post by Student 1239
I accidentally put anti kaon^0 because i thought kaon^0 was strangeness of minus 1 but if strangeness doesn't have to be conserved is my answer still correct (albeit maybe dropping method marks)

Don't quote me on this but if you put K^0 then mass is being created from nothing which is impossible.
Original post by Einstein1997
The pd across the terminals (5V) is the emf - internal resistance

The internal resistance was 1V

The emf was 6v (worked out on the previous page) when the circuit was connected the pd accorss the battery dropped to 5v so the external resistor was taking 1v so current across it was 1/18= 0.056

Quick Reply

Latest