The Student Room Group

AQA Physics AS exam 24th MAY and 9th JUNE 2016 (Thread)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by icecubeinferno
Just came home, all i have to do know is wait for the next physics paper. The test was pretty hard but i answered most of the we questions. One thing though, how do u calculate the stopping potential using energy? U are not given coulombs.. So is there some other formula i havent noticed?

eVs = Ek (max)

Then Vs = Ek (max) / e

you don't get this formula...
also e is the charge of an electron ( 1.6 x 10^-19 )
Reply 81
I got frequency of chocolate 2.5 x10^9
It was the antinodes i think because it was the point were it was max oscillations/displacements which caused the melting

I chose material B and C for the ropes and lift (can't remember which way which but I did explain it so hoping at least 3/6 if am lucky

Moment of the air increased? Because direction and mass is the same but speed increased

Momentum at the end changes because the direction of the air changes??

Was the runway something like 850m (which I think is too long personally)
I disnt talk about nodes and antinodes since they didnt ask about the "particles" in the wave during energy transfer. i talked about constructive interference and destructive interference of the coherent progressive wave and how they travel in opposite directions towards each other. constructive parts was where the choclate melted and the destructive parts was where the choclate didnt melt.
This isn't right if there's 2 antibodies length of wave was 0.24 as 0.12 was half wavelength
Reply 84
Original post by Inam97
It was the antinodes i think because it was the point were it was max oscillations/displacements which caused the melting

I chose material B and C for the ropes and lift (can't remember which way which but I did explain it so hoping at least 3/6 if am lucky

Moment of the air increased? Because direction and mass is the same but speed increased

Yes! i got around 850.. but like you, I thought it was too long. :smile:
Reply 85
I come weak interaction at the end

I got Beta plus and a electron neutrino
Reply 86
Original post by NYB
Yes! i got around 850.. but like you, I thought it was too long. :smile:

s = ?
u = 68
v = 0
a = -2.48 (can't remember)
t = ?

then i used v^2 = u^2 + 2as
and solved for s
Reply 87
Original post by Asad_2015
This isn't right if there's 2 antibodies length of wave was 0.24 as 0.12 was half wavelength

Your right if it was in the fundamental mode of vibration but it had 3 antinodes altogether

Wavelengh= length between a pair of nodes times 2.

But since there was already 2 sets of nodes it was just the whole thing = wavelengh

Again please correct me if am wrong (didn't do that well)
Reply 88
Original post by Inam97
I come weak interaction at the end

I got Beta plus and a electron neutrino

no. i got electron and anti neutrino

but yes it was weak
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 89
I think I got 2.71 or something for the a
Original post by NYB
The exam was ok for me... Hardest one was the diameter percentage change question, I got 605%. Other people got 0.116% so i am not sure.

I got a decrease in 21% somehow don't know if it's right 😂
Reply 91
Did anyone get 1.4something x 10^-19 for the energy or something I think it might be max energy or something
What is everyone thinking for grade boundaries?
Reply 93
I'm not sure about the percentage change in the diameter... I got like 2%
Reply 94
Original post by NYB
no. i got electron and anti neutrino

but yes it was weak

Oh crap yh 2 marks down
Reply 95
What material did you choose for the cable for the lift and the cable/rope for bungee jumping???:smile:
Reply 96
I got 3.75x10^10 for frequency as i did 3 x wavelength over 2... im wrong i know but i used equation and did calculate the wavelength i just got confused with my end calculation. How many marks?
I chose C for both, didn't realise you had to pick separately for each one loool think i failed
Original post by jcouchman
What is everyone thinking for grade boundaries?

I'd say that paper was between easy and hard , but also this is the first time AQA are setting these papers so i'd imagine around 51 or 52 for an A. Again , It also depends on how the whole country did. Someone should start a poll for the grade boundaries :P
Reply 99
Original post by Inam97

I thought wheb measuring wavelength, you only get the wavelength of ONE cycle only, so it would've been the distance between 2 antinodes, and so wouldn't the answer be double that?

Quick Reply

Latest