The Student Room Group

Wjec AS ph1 2016

Who took this paper? How'd you find it? Has anyone made an unofficial markscheme yet?

Scroll to see replies

How did find it?
I though it was really easy compared with past papers.
Did everyone get 'k' as 20 N per m for the final question?
Also did you get approx 116 for the final velocity of the cannonball?
Original post by Wilko3000
I think for the question about the Paintball you had to first find out the time which was just 40/85=0.47s

Then you found out the final velocity vertically as you know that the time horizontal = time vertical

Using the formul v = u + at and u = 0 you come up with =4.6ms^-1

You then use v^2 = u^2 + 2as and rearrange to get displacement to find the total vertical displacemnt which should = 1.08m

Edit: I thought it went okay, i made quite a few silly mistakes but got nearly all the questions, the photons per second was tricky for me

I think you got the wrong paper mate
Original post by TheLazyKid

I thought it was easy yes but only us retakes doing it so very high UMS... I got both of those! :smile:
Original post by Alevelstudent678
I thought it was easy yes but only us retakes doing it so very high UMS... I got both of those! :smile:

Yeah exactly what I was thinking, it'll be at least 65 for an A. I guess we're all aiming for 120 UMS as it is a retake!
Reply 7

Yeh I got 115.7 ms^-1!
Original post by Alevelstudent678

R u talking about the old spec or new?
Original post by Exotic-L
R u talking about the old spec or new?

Old spec, the paper we sat today was the last PH1 old spec
Idk how I felt about that paper, defo struggled with the baggage moment question. Just couldn't get it so left some questions unanswered :s-smilie:
Literally the easiest paper I have sat. I will be disappointed if i do not get 100%
Yeah I got 117m/s so probably some rounding errors :smile: did you have to put the angle that it arrived at the ground as well?
Original post by student2734
Yeah I got 117m/s so probably some rounding errors :smile: did you have to put the angle that it arrived at the ground as well?

I don't think you had to as it would have said 'magnitude and direction' as well
Original post by student2734

i think i got 16 degrees to the horizontal?
Did anyone understand how to find the velocity of the plane on the last part of question 1?
Original post by SoThisIsStresful
Did anyone understand how to find the velocity of the plane on the last part of question 1?

You use P=Fv then rearrange to work out v. Power was 40kW and the force was Tcos36 so you use your value of T then divide the two to get v. Hope this helps
You use P=Fv then rearrange to work out v. Power was 40kW and the force was Tcos36 so you use your value of T then divide the two to get v. Hope this helps

damm i knew i'd forgotten an equation... ah well.. thanks :smile:
Original post by SoThisIsStresful
damm i knew i'd forgotten an equation... ah well.. thanks :smile:

No worries, at most you'll lose 2 marks so its fine

Wasn't the force 800N? Or is that Tcos36 and I'm just being silly😂

Quick Reply

Latest