The Student Room Group

How do I proceed from here?

Ok so I posted about meeting this guy whilst shopping. He worked in the store I was shopping in. Some people on here thought it would be creepy for me to go back and talk to Him and he was just being friendly cos of his job( this was two weeks ago).

Today I had to return something and didn't think I'd bump into him. As I entered the changing room he was standing there and I didn't hear what he said because I had my headphones on, so I took them out. Anyway as I walked off I complimented his hair and he said thank you.

I went to the till and he walked from the other side of the store and says ''so you found something you liked then, let me get on a till''. He served people in front of me and I hoped he would serve me. Luckily he did and as I approached his till he said ''i didn't think I'd get to serve you''. We spoke about how are days were going and there was lots of smiling going on. He said something about wanting to go home and I made reference to the last time we spoke.

When I was getting ready to go he said ''you should take a look at my work and he gave me his name. I asked if he had twitter to. His colleague was there ease dropping. I am assuming he wants me to contact him -right? I'm pretty certain this wasn't just him being friendly. I was thinking to message him about his work and take it from there.
Yeh go for it-why not? Besides everybody likes a bit of gossip for their coffee break, so dont worry about his colleague..
Reply 2
Original post by LostGirlOnTheRun
Yeh go for it-why not? Besides everybody likes a bit of gossip for their coffee break, so dont worry about his colleague..

Lol that's true, thank you 😊
Reply 3
It's obvious he wants to get to know you why else would he give you his name. Just message him and take it from there.
Reply 4
Original post by chikane
It's obvious he wants to get to know you why else would he give you his name. Just message him and take it from there.

Will do. Just wanted to check I wasn't reading the signals wrong. Thank you.
Sounds like chemistry happening there. If he wants you to look at his work you definitely should and then contact him. Or, you could check out his work and come up with a reason to return to the store and see what the conversation at that point is like and if it is similar to before just ask if he'd like to meet for coffee on his day off. Good Luck!
Reply 6
Original post by Hopefully1
Sounds like chemistry happening there. If he wants you to look at his work you definitely should and then contact him. Or, you could check out his work and come up with a reason to return to the store and see what the conversation at that point is like and if it is similar to before just ask if he'd like to meet for coffee on his day off. Good Luck!

Thanks. The only means of contact I had was via twitter, so I replied to his last tweet letting him know I liked his music ( I genuinely do). He retweeted me and followed me. And that was it.... I kind of expected him to message me or something, I didn't pm him initially because I know some people block people they don't follow from messaging them.

I probably won't go back to the store though. We'll see how it goes I guess,..
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks. The only means of contact I had was via twitter, so I replied to his last tweet letting him know I liked his music ( I genuinely do). He retweeted me and followed me. And that was it.... I kind of expected him to message me or something, I didn't pm him initially because I know some people block people they don't follow from messaging them.

I probably won't go back to the store though. We'll see how it goes I guess,..

What store is this if he wants you to look at his work? it sounds like he works at Sainsburys.
Reply 8
Original post by chikane
What store is this if he wants you to look at his work? it sounds like he works at Sainsburys.

I actually meant to type ' listen to his work ', he is a singer. He's actually very talented, I tweeted him after listening to his music and he retweeted. So didn't really get the response I expected, so not really sure it is interested after all.
Reply 9
I actually meant to type ' listen to his work ', he is a singer. He's actually very talented, I tweeted him after listening to his music and he retweeted. So didn't really get the response I expected, so not really sure it is interested after all.

Maybe he wanted more people to view his work? just see if he messages you if you dont go back to the store.
Original post by chikane
Maybe he wanted more people to view his work? just see if he messages you if you dont go back to the store.

Thanks. I was thinking that could be the case but why go through the hassle of everything else it just seems to odd to me.
Ok so it's apparent he was only being friendly... Was too good to be true :frown:
Reply 12
Ok so it's apparent he was only being friendly... Was too good to be true :frown:

I would send him one more convo starter just to make sure. You've come too far to just do nothing more, and besides he didn't actually ignore you did he.

Send him one more msg
Original post by ANM775
I would send him one more convo starter just to make sure. You've come too far to just do nothing more, and besides he didn't actually ignore you did he.

Send him one more msg

I did this two days ago.... I sent a message asking how long he's been singing for and replied back today and he didn't ask me anything back :/
Reply 14
I did this two days ago.... I sent a message asking how long he's been singing for and replied back today and he didn't ask me anything back :/

Hmm.

The signs arnt encouraging then.

Unfortunately it looks like he isn't interested in Persuing anything romantically
Original post by ANM775
Hmm.

The signs arnt encouraging then.

Unfortunately it looks like he isn't interested in Persuing anything romantically

Thanks... Yep I figured that.
Just a little update...I responded to his message with a short reply thinking he was not bothered. all of a sudden he starts asking all these questions and we spoke throughout the day, then he asked for my number.
Reply 17
Play it cool!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending