The Student Room Group

Physical education OCR 24th may 2016 AS CREATE UNOFFICAL MARK SCHEME

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Found the exam pretty easy
How did everyone find the exam? Can't find a thread for this so thought we could make one ourselves. Please help spread this so that we can get all of the questions and mark schemes remembered :smile:
Thought some areas were ok but some were hard
Reply 43
Original post by Yemi0601
Found the exam pretty easy

Yeah same. Reckon you could remember the gist of most questions and post them on here so we can discuss answers?
on the question near the end I think LED was the wrong way round
Original post by jack_wild7
Yeah same. Reckon you could remember the gist of most questions and post them on here so we can discuss answers?

If someone knows how to make one of those google.docs I'm happy to help out
Original post by Charlie1316
These are some of my predictions for all 3 topics for tomorrows exam:

ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY:
- Shoulder
- venous return
- warm up and cool down
- Newtons laws
- muscle fibres
- mechanics of breathing
Maybe altitude training or asthma

SKILL AQUISITION
- Schema - I definitely think that this will come up, probably to explain recall and recognition schema
- manipulating skill practice (whole, part etc)
- Motivational strategies
- Welford's model
- MSM model
- Operant conditioning including Thordikes laws

SOCIO-CULTURAL STUDIES
- Australia (likely to be the 10 marker)
- Funding
- Performance enhancing products/drugs
- Media
- Mass participation - opportunity, provision and esteem

As this is the last year of the course, OCR are likely to chose the topics that students haven't done well in previous years.
Hope this helps and goodluck!

Let's be fair you absolutely smashed that
What were the Questions for sec B + C? I will try and put one together but I have completely forgotten what was asked!
Hey
How did everyone find the PE exam this morning? Also, has anyone found an unofficial markscheme???
How did people find the exam? Guessing this years grade boundaries are going to be high...
Reply 50
What was the question before the AP 10 marker I've forgot
Original post by alex.keith
What were the Questions for sec B + C? I will try and put one together but I have completely forgotten what was asked!
Section C: Describe the popularity of sport in Australia [5] (something like that) Privately funded sport in the UK, National institutes of sport [3], concequences of drugs in sport [5], advantages and disadvantages of modern technology [4], then describe the factors of a sedentary lifestyle and explain the contraints of physical activity in young people [10]

Their like rough interpretations of the question and marks
Reply 52
Original post by Newsome1999
If someone knows how to make one of those google.docs I'm happy to help out

I can make it, just need a list of all the questions.
Original post by Aegaeon
What was the question before the AP 10 marker I've forgot

It was to do with why oxygen disassociated more at the muscle tissues during exercise I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
These were the questions as far as I can remember

A+P:
Ankle joint type
Plantar flex ion agonist and antagonist
3 affects of warm up
Mechanics of inspiration during exercise
Intrinsic control of heart
Internal respiration during exercise
Physical activity on muscular skeletal

Skill acquisition:
Phases of learning
Classification of motor programme on simple-complex continuum
Practice types
Schema
Factors affecting modelling and copying
MSM and memory storage

Socio cultural:
Australia
Private funding
National institutes
Consequences of drugs
Modern technology
Sedentary lifestyle and barriers
Original post by marshmellow:)
on the question near the end I think LED was the wrong way round

I knew someone would do this :'D Physics aint PE
Original post by alex.keith

These were the questions as far as I can rememberA+P:Ankle joint typePlantar flex ion agonist and antagonist3 affects of warm upMechanics of inspiration during exerciseIntrinsic control of heartInternal respiration during exercisePhysical activity on muscular skeletalSkill acquisition:Phases of learning Classification of motor programme on simple-complex continuumPractice types SchemaFactors affecting modelling and copyingMSM and memory storageSocio cultural:AustraliaPrivate fundingNational institutes Consequences of drugsModern technologySedentary lifestyle and barriers
Reply 57
Original post by LukeMi98
These were the questions as far as I can remember

A+P:
Ankle joint type
Plantar flex ion agonist and antagonist
3 affects of warm up
Mechanics of inspiration during exercise
Intrinsic control of heart
Internal respiration during exercise
Physical activity on muscular skeletal

Skill acquisition:
Phases of learning
Classification of motor programme on simple-complex continuum
Practice types
Schema
Factors affecting modelling and copying
MSM and memory storage

Socio cultural:
Australia
Private funding
National institutes
Consequences of drugs
Modern technology
Sedentary lifestyle and barriers

yeah thats about right, but the question before A&P 10 marker was oxygen dissociation during exercise
Original post by jemmaveness1
These were the questions as far as I can rememberA+P:Ankle joint type Plantar flex ion agonist and antagonist3 affects of warm upMechanics of inspiration during exerciseIntrinsic control of heartInternal respiration during exercisePhysical activity on muscular skeletalSkill acquisition:Phases of learning Classification of motor programme on simple-complex continuumPractice types SchemaFactors affecting modelling and copyingMSM and memory storageSocio cultural:AustraliaPrivate fundingNational institutes Consequences of drugsModern technologySedentary lifestyle and barriers

yeah i think thats right
for the skill aquisition, there was a question worth 2 marks for what type of practice would you use on a performer in a simple/complex skill. Was it wanting you to do practice methods eg massed,distributed etc or practice types eg whole, whole part whole etc

Quick Reply

Latest