The Student Room Group

2016 Official AQA New Spec AS Level Physics Paper 1 - 24th of May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by haes
Do they tell us if we get marks for significant figures?

in the mark scheme it says not to penalise significant figures. There is supposed to be only 2 marks per paper allocated to significant figures and it should be stated in such a question "quote your answer to an appropriate significant figures.
Reply 481
Original post by aeroline1999
in the mark scheme it says not to penalise significant figures. There is supposed to be only 2 marks per paper allocated to significant figures and it should be stated in such a question "quote your answer to an appropriate significant figures.

I don't remember seeing that here so will those be for the second paper?
I got b and c for the ropes
Original post by haes
Does anyone remember their answers for the electricity questions?

I got 2.4 for part 1
I got somet like 0.064 for part 2
And for part 3 I got somet like 1.2???

I'm not too good at electricity tho. Did you get any similar?
Reply 484
Original post by haes
Me but only because I actually worked it out using the numbers!

Is it right. Im so glad that someone else got that. Btw did we need a minus sign
Reply 485
For the question where the voltmeter was placed between A and B, did anyone say the voltage would just be zero so no change
Anyone got a mark scheme yet so I can cry at how many marks I've lost and take up btec golf management?
Original post by Logic4Life
I got that at first but then realised it was 5 marks so that seemed to generic. I then found the waverlength to be 0.24 as is was the second harmonic then subbed that in getting 1.25 x10 to the power of 9.

The second harmonic is 2 half wavelengths which is the length anyway though
Reply 488
Original post by Exavior
I got 2.4 for part 1

I think I got 2.3, 0.063 and then 0.12
Reply 489
Original post by Exavior
I got 2.4 for part 1

I got 2.3 for the first and something like that for part 2 but part 3 was a blur! If anyone remembers the numbers I would like to try to work it out again..
I got 2.3 then 0.065 then 0.12
Original post by 11234
I think I got 2.3, 0.063 and then 0.12

:frown: I am bad at electricity I think I got 1 and 2 and then none of the other electricity :frown::frown:
Reply 492
Original post by 11234
What did people get for the percentage change in diameter. Did anyone get 0.79%

Ye
Reply 493
Original post by moshe015
I got 2.3 then 0.065 then 0.12

Can you remember the resistance for the resistor connected in series with the rope thing(what was it??)
I'm really feeling an unofficial mark scheme .. anyone?
Never seen so much confusion about a question. This nodes anti node thing is clearly why the question was 5 marks
What was the answer to that written electricity question about the voltmeter reading not changing? I know I didn't get it right but I'm just curious
Original post by Kraixo
Guys what did you pick for the meterial of the wires?

I picked BC

Same. D would snap as soon as too much stress was applied to it for the bungee. C was the better blend of stress and strain.
Original post by Verish
Yh but they need to find better applications to use. Its supposed to be theoretical, we're studying physics not applied physics!

Understand your point but at the end of the day, it's not much use just knowing about the theory. The implementation of theory to real life is more important
It was a probe. R1 was 22. R2 was 2.4, R3 was 1.2, if i can rember correctly

Quick Reply

Latest