The Student Room Group

2016 Official AQA New Spec AS Level Physics Paper 1 - 24th of May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
It was better i think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 581
What did you guys put for the question eith the microve abount why a turntable is used?
Original post by 123chem
I wrote 9.4*10^-4. that should be fine too?

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be 9.4*10^-4 because the smallest sig fig value u were given was 2
Overall I thought the paper was ok, some weird questions in there though. Also, the thing about the stopping potential, our class had never been taught! I put B and C for 6 marker, but it was hard to tell whether you could use D as there were no numbers!
Easier then the spec though.

What did people get for the electricity section?
Reply 584
I measured 59mm how was it 11.8cm???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Benteke1268
i do aqa chemistry and our specimen paper was really hard. people also said the physics specimen was really hard. how was the real exam compared to the specimen paper?

It was a lot easier then spec, but it wasn't easy (if that makes sense). Weird questions, not every topic came up, but could have been a lot worse
What did you guys get for the stopping potential of the photoelectrons. I got like 1.4*10^-19J for the one before it asked for the stopping potential and then on that question it was only mark so I just put 1.4v?
Reply 587
Does anyone have the paper?
Original post by Pouh
What did you guys put for the question eith the microve abount why a turntable is used?

So food rotates so all parts pass through antinodes and heat up
Original post by Pouh

So that the food moves, meaning the antinodes heat up different sections of the food and the whole thing heats up, not just small sections
Reply 590
How did everyone find the new spec. Is there much difference between the new spec and the old spec? Is it easier or harder?
Reply 591
Is there an unofficial mark scheme up anywhere???
Reply 592
Original post by kierans99
What did you guys get for the stopping potential of the photoelectrons. I got like 1.4*10^-19J for the one before it asked for the stopping potential and then on that question it was only mark so I just put 1.4v?

I divided my answer from the previous question with 1.60x10^-19 but idk if that's what you're supposed to do because we were never taught stopping potential
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 593
Original post by Person18
So that the food moves, meaning the antinodes heat up different sections of the food and the whole thing heats up, not just small sections

Thanks
Original post by haes
I divided my answer from the previous question with 1.60x10^-19 but idk if that's what you're supposed to do because we were never taught stopping potential

we were never taught it either...
Reply 595
To work out decelaration did you have to find the resultant force using the risistive forces and force already known then use this in f= ma, which gives you -10. Is this right?
What is it with exams and food? In chemistry GCSE there was always that picture of a cake and now so much on chocolate. Do the exam boards not realise that this makes us distracted and hungry????
Reply 597
Original post by haes

I did the same thing 👍🏻
Original post by 11234
Nah, 3 antinodes means 3rd harmonic, so 1 and a half wavelength. If I can remember correctly it was 120mm for 3 antinodes so 2/3 x 120 = 80mm was wavelength.

I forgot that....I got wavelength as 120mm. How many marks would I lose

The answer is 120 not 80 because you have the distance between the antibodies not the the nodes. The distance between 2 nodes is half a wavelength and the distance between 2 anti nodes is the same as between 2 nodes so it's also half a wavelength
Reply 599
Original post by kierans99

for the stopping potential I got 0.88v

Quick Reply

Latest