The Student Room Group

[OFFICIAL] AS Edexcel 2 Psychology Unit 3: Biological and Leaning 23/05/2016

Scroll to see replies

What did u guys put for the 12 marker? :/
Reply 61
Original post by Redblue12
What did u guys put for the 12 marker? :/

I wrote about how cocaine ruins neurotransmitter receptors and therefore more difficult to come off drugs, for a biological explanation.

I wrote about classical conditioning, social learning theory and operant conditioning (token economy) for the learning approach, and views will differ with in.

What did you write??
I wrote about how in biological it states behaviour is predetermined so we can't control choice and stuff on dopamine but I had no idea what about learning theory
Original post by Redblue12
I wrote about how in biological it states behaviour is predetermined so we can't control choice and stuff on dopamine but I had no idea what about learning theory

I wrote about learning from role models and how the euphoric feeling of cocaine acts as positive reinforcement.
Reply 64
How did you find the systematic desensitisation 8marker ?
Original post by Gia256
How did you find the systematic desensitisation 8marker ?

It wasn't that bad..
I talked about the steps
E.g. hierarchy of fear objects- least to most
Then i talked about relaxation method and then fear objects are shown while maintaining relaxation technique
Weaknesses are... cannot treat complex phobias...
Positives... ethical because informed consent, right to withdraw, phobias and no distress as objects are shown gradually not like flooding
Dunno if thats right :s-smilie:
Reply 66
I put the same although I didn't put about it not being able to treat complex phobias :/ I started with functional analysis then the hierarchy of anxiety, relaxation methods and then gradual exposure of the phobia starting with images then toys etc then a small part of the phobia, I used birds as an example so put a feather for that part and then the bird itself
Original post by Gia256
I put the same although I didn't put about it not being able to treat complex phobias :/ I started with functional analysis then the hierarchy of anxiety, relaxation methods and then gradual exposure of the phobia starting with images then toys etc then a small part of the phobia, I used birds as an example so put a feather for that part and then the bird itself

Yep.. its good :top:
Can anyone say any other questions that were in the new spec test that haven't been included here?
Reply 69
Original post by tom tinker
Can anyone say any other questions that were in the new spec test that haven't been included here?

There was nothing about key questions/issues in the exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest