The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Once Mourinho is confirmed, what will he announce himself as?

So far we've had:

- the special one (2004)
- the happy one (2013)
- the normal one (Klopp)
Woodward will probably be quite happy to give Jose all the control he wants, as long as Ed gets some credit when Jose wins anything. Mendes has access to quality (but expensive) players and United have more money than sense. United fans are dying for success and are prepared to tolerate boring football and are looking for an ego, now with a manager wanting to win trophies, a huge ego and motivation to destroy Guardiola, Wenger and former club Chelsea.

This has potential to be an incredible match up.
Reply 9762
Original post by Dirtybit
Why not?

First season at Chelsea 04 he brought in 9 players
First season at Inter Milan he brought in 13 players
First season at Madrid he brought in 8 players
First season back at Chelsea in 2013 he brought in 11 players

In this league with big teams playing poverty it's possible.

Wow, cant wait to see who we get :biggrin:
Whatever happens, I think this will be Mourinho's last club management role. He's said that anybody can win the Bundesliga (not that Bayern would have him) and says Ligue I could be won by a tea lady.

I imagine whatever happens at United, his next - and potentially last - job will be with Portugal.
Original post by xKay
Wow, cant wait to see who we get :biggrin:

You're probably still upset that Moyes got sacked

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mackay
Whatever happens, I think this will be Mourinho's last club management role. He's said that anybody can win the Bundesliga (not that Bayern would have him) and says Ligue I could be won by a tea lady.

I imagine whatever happens at United, his next - and potentially last - job will be with Portugal.

Yeah will be Portugal or England and then retirement
Original post by Diego Costa
I think Man Utd will line up next season like:

De Gea
Fosu-Mensah Stones Smalling Shaw
Schneiderlin Herrera
Memphis James Martial
Ibrahimovic

Apparently Jose wants Matic. No idea why

Herrera in a midfield two? Lol no chance
Original post by Mackay

Nah, disagree. Think he'll want to continue his record of winning titles in multiple countries. Spain, Italy, England, Portugal.....leaves France and Germany. I think his last club will be PSG, so assuming he stays at us for 3 years he'll either go to PSG or try Germany. Depends if he speaks German

Most likely the former, I imagine PSG will jump at the chance to take him and at PSG he'll have less pressure because he essentially wins the league

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Herrera in a midfield two? Lol no chance

It wouldn't really be a two. All three in front would track back a lot. He'd help out defensively far more than Fabregas
Original post by Zerforax
Once Mourinho is confirmed, what will he announce himself as?

So far we've had:

- the special one (2004)
- the happy one (2013)
- the normal one (Klopp)
Forgot Moyes at "the chosen one".

Yeah, I don't think this is Jose's last club role. Might be his last big one for a while though. He might need to take few years out doing international management or something random, before he could swing back into Italy, perhaps Atletico could be an option by then, even a Madrid return.
Can see Mou building a legacy here and staying 10+ years.
Original post by swirly
Can see Mou building a legacy here and staying 10+ years.

Lol
Original post by Fizzel
Forgot Moyes at "the chosen one".

Yeah, I don't think this is Jose's last club role. Might be his last big one for a while though. He might need to take few years out doing international management or something random, before he could swing back into Italy, perhaps Atletico could be an option by then, even a Madrid return.

Haha I did think there was another one but was looking if Avram Grant had said it. I forgot about Moyes. Although that was a fan label given to Moyes rather than him proclaiming him so a bit unfair.

I think Mourinho will be lame and say something about being the "extremely happy one" or the "proud one" or some crap like that. I'll be disappointed by that though. Mourinho at his best was very wit. Shame he comes across as a grumpy ******* for the past few years.
Original post by swirly
Can see Mou building a legacy here and staying 10+ months.

Fixed*
Reply 9774
Original post by Zayn is Bae
You're probably still upset that Moyes got sacked

Posted from TSR Mobile

How does that have any relevance to what i said? And who is you?
Herrera aint starting.

Guy is awful.
Original post by Rk2k14
Herrera aint starting.

Guy is awful.

Thoughts on Herrera Girl?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dirtybit
Yeah will be Portugal or England and then retirement

No chance the FA would allow that, imho.
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Thoughts on Herrera Girl?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ask @zKlown
Original post by chemistrybro
he's got a year left on his contract, and the board has full faith in him and his philosophy.

Oh really? Tell me more

Latest