The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS History 6HI02E, 25th May 2016

"Britain in the later 20th century: Responding to change"

Does anyone have any predictions on what the question might be on?
Original post by Milly12321
"Britain in the later 20th century: Responding to change"

Does anyone have any predictions on what the question might be on?

No idea
And isn't the exam today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No it's on wednesday.

I reckon either a question on Harold Wilson or Harold MacMillan will come up since they haven't been done recently
Original post by EpicNameBro
No it's on wednesday.

I reckon either a question on Harold Wilson or Harold MacMillan will come up since they haven't been done recently

I went into school thinking the exam is today fml
And cool, I think so too, I hope it's Wilson or Macmillan, they're my favourite tbh
Idm thatcher either

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
I went into school thinking the exam is today fml
And cool, I think so too, I hope it's Wilson or Macmillan, they're my favourite tbh
Idm thatcher either

Posted from TSR Mobile

As long its not as **** as last year where the questions were only on the beginning and end of the period :l
As long its not as **** as last year where the questions were only on the beginning and end of the period :l

Yeah
The end is fine
But the beginning there was really no content to talk about and it was quite difficult

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Yeah
The end is fine
But the beginning there was really no content to talk about and it was quite difficult

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly
Tbh timings always been my problem with history exams
Exactly
Tbh timings always been my problem with history exams

What is the hardest 20 marker you have come across out of all the papers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
What is the hardest 20 marker you have come across out of all the papers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably this;
How far do the sources suggest that Arthur Scargill was chiefly responsible for thefailure of the miners’ strike of 1984-85? Jan 2013
or
How far do Sources 1, 2 and 3 suggest that, in the years 1945–59, the Conservativeand Labour parties held radically different views on the nationalisation of Britishindustry? - June 2010

I don't usually find the 20 marker questions hard though, it's mainly the 40 marker. I might just start the 40 marker first so I don't run out of time for it
How do you guys think it's best to approach the source question?
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
How do you guys think it's best to approach the source question?

Group which sources agree and which disagree, cross reference, comment on the reliability of the sources by checking their dates and who they were by, use words like Supporing, backing up, suggesting, implying etc. and bring all the arguments together in the conclusion. You don't really need to do a intro paragraph
Yeah
Cross referencing is what will get you the marks
You can literally say sours has much cross consensus with source 4 because...
And give your own knowledge wherever you can to get 24/24

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is going to sound stupid but I don't suppose that you get a choice in questions like you do in the Cold War?
Original post by sjackson14
This is going to sound stupid but I don't suppose that you get a choice in questions like you do in the Cold War?

You get a choice for the 40 mark questions but not the 20 mark
Has anyone done the January 2011 paper, question bii
There is no examiners report for this particular question
I really need some help planning it
I was reading the mark scheme and it said: the best responses will notes the hammer and the sickle on scargills hat in source 7
But I'm not sure why that is significant

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hated the 20 marker
And I loved the 40 marker - I did Wilson

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Bloom77
I hated the 20 marker
And I loved the 40 marker - I did Wilson

Posted from TSR Mobile

didyou mention about liberalisation
i linked it to "better britain" suggesting it could be relating to eg divorce act abortion act race relations act
ty
Original post by euan534
didyou mention about liberalisation
i linked it to "better britain" suggesting it could be relating to eg divorce act abortion act race relations act
ty

Yeah
I talked about education by Tony crossland
All the acts by Roy Jenkins e.g. As what you mentioned
I talked about the union crisis, and the devaluation of the pound and all the deflationary measures taken, in place of strife and labour loosing the general election

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Thank ****. I did all as you said but the bit about education and the election. Was just panicking id made too big of a strech between better britain and the social progress since the source didnt mention social progress

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending