The Student Room Group

OCR Physics A Breadth of Physics (24th May 2016) Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by teachercol
Ive done the paper and I'll post up my answers and mark scheme later today.
Its quite a tough one - still that means low grade boundaries.

Where will i find it??
Original post by maryamkhawaja
Can you make it for the whole paper? thanks much x

I could try and do the whole paper (I'm also busy filming year 13 past papers as well at the moment).
Original post by agradestudent16
i got summin like dat aswell

was the power mcq change in rate of word done.
q2 w=FP
uncertainty= 6.5
angle of rafraction 49 degs
something u/2

the mcqs are bothering me alot. help
Original post by Mr Matheson
I could try and do the whole paper (I'm also busy filming year 13 past papers as well at the moment).

Ive got a c2 exam tomo and this exam really is haunting me...
can you make the phy markscheme asap
thanks
Original post by teachercol
Ive done the paper and I'll post up my answers and mark scheme later today.
Its quite a tough one - still that means low grade boundaries.

One can hope a mark between 42-50 will be an A ?
q2 w=FP
uncertainty= 6.5
something u/2

I think for the refraction it was 15 degrees because it was 80 degrees the other side of the line; so it would be 10 degrees to the normal; therefore 1.5sin10=sintheta ===>theta=sin^-1(1.5sin10)=15.09
q2 w=FP
uncertainty= 6.5
something u/2

Sorry to burden you even more; but I think the first one was the definition of a watt so it was a joule per second. :c
Reply 447
Original post by chenhao96
which point the ball reach the maximun

It was C because the velocity at maximum is 0
Original post by Parhomus
Question-The one about the addition of velocities and masses; was the difference that one was scalar and the other was a vector so for velocity you have to also calculate the direction of the physical quantity; whilst with mass you just find the magnitude.

Well i got that wrong then i was talking about Pythagoras god knows why
Original post by Suat
It was C because the velocity at maximum is 0

I chose B because; and I don't think I'm correct, but if the velocity is 0 then displacement=0. So Idk, I thought it would be B, because the negative velocity implies that the ball has gone up past the original height it was released from. I'm not sure though, I thought maybe it wanted to distinguish between speed and velocity?
Reply 450
Original post by voltz
I put root2(u) since your answer would give a larger answer wouldnt it? Where as root2 multiplied by u will be smaller??

No because root 2 is larger than 1 so it dividing by root 2 makes your value smaller, so it must be u/(root 2) because that squared is u^2 / 2 which halves the energy
I think they should give us more time for this paper, I literally rushed through it just to finish in time.
Reply 452
When you have no time to do that u^2 graph question and it was the easiest question in the whole ****ing paper!!!
Any unofficial mark schemes available yet?
Reply 454
Same, just not sure about the one with wave speed, I got 60+-0.3, I think the uncertainty is probably wrong.

got that
I think for the refraction it was 15 degrees because it was 80 degrees the other side of the line; so it would be 10 degrees to the normal; therefore 1.5sin10=sintheta ===>theta=sin^-1(1.5sin10)=15.09

it was from glass to air, a more dense to a less dense medium. when a transverse wave moves from a less to more dense medium it speeds up, which means it moves away from the normal. so i thought 49 degs looked nice.
Original post by santos668
How do you get equal 8 but I get 16 😞 whare I found gradient equal to 16

The gradient was equal to 2a so you have to do 2a=16 and therefore a=8
Reply 458
it was from glass to air, a more dense to a less dense medium. when a transverse wave moves from a less to more dense medium it speeds up, which means it moves away from the normal. so i thought 49 degs looked nice.

It did move away from the normal, the angle in the glass was 10° (90°-80°)
Reply 459
Original post by sddsfsdafs
Did anyone get 16 for elastic potential ratio?

I did

Quick Reply

Latest