The Student Room Group

physics paper 1 25th may 2016 (iGCSE)

what are the predicted topics?? and what are the topics that will alwasy come up?

Scroll to see replies

Be sure to get magnetism, radioactivity and electricity
Reply 2
are those the predicted ones or the ones that always come up?
look at the igcse physics specification guide, the ones in bold wont be in paper 1
Reply 4
Original post by melisss22
look at the igcse physics specification guide, the ones in bold wont be in paper 1

i know that. but in the exams they are not going to get everything thats paper one, like for example they might not give any questions about the motor affect, and we need to know that for paper 1. and there are topics that always come up and are probably can equal to 30% i guess... , and there are topics that can be predicted thhat might come up.
One thing thats gonna come is:a student gives an opinion and your gonna have to evaluate his/conclusions. And imo thats the most irritating type of question.
Before sitting for the exam do revise the typical 5 marks questions like:
-DC motor
-Transformers
-how to measure and use background radiation
-experiment to find refractive index
-conduction and convection
-the 3 mark pressure question(asked every year)
-terminal velocity
How seatbelt or crumpled ones protect user from severe injury.
-experiment to measure speed of sound
-ticker tape experiments to investigate acceleration and speeds

These are the most common big descriptive questions,if i missed anything do tell me please.
Original post by Iamnayeem
One thing thats gonna come is:a student gives an opinion and your gonna have to evaluate his/conclusions. And imo thats the most irritating type of question.
Before sitting for the exam do revise the typical 5 marks questions like:
-DC motor
-Transformers
-how to measure and use background radiation
-experiment to find refractive index
-conduction and convection
-the 3 mark pressure question(asked every year)
-terminal velocity
How seatbelt or crumpled ones protect user from severe injury.
-experiment to measure speed of sound
-ticker tape experiments to investigate acceleration and speeds

These are the most common big descriptive questions,if i missed anything do tell me please.

-how to find the magnetic field pattern using iron filling or a compass needle.

-find the relationship between current and voltage by investigating the resistance of a wire

-hookes law (definition and how to find the elastic limit of a spring as well as plotting it on a graph)

-advantages and disadvantages of solar power, wind power etc.

-you should also be able to describe how to find the instantaneous speed using a light gate

and some other stuff that i dont currently remember
I have seen lots of questions on the electromagnetic spectrum that say state the uses/ dangers of this wave.
Anyone sitting for the regional paper (4PH0 1R)?
Anyone who knows what questions or related questions might come in exam on this may 25th 2016 (IGCSE PHYSICS P1) ?
Original post by niv1234
I have seen lots of questions on the electromagnetic spectrum that say state the uses/ dangers of this wave.

Original post by niv1234

Hey did u give exam?
Original post by Iamnayeem
Anyone sitting for the regional paper (4PH0 1R)?

I am
Original post by Neil_niloy
Hey did u give exam?

No I have my first exam on Thursday what about you?
Original post by niv1234
No I have my first exam on Thursday what about you?

Well Mine either. I'm a lot tensed regarding my physics exam. Do u have any idea what might come or any other source to find it out?
Well Mine either. I'm a lot tensed regarding my physics exam. Do u have any idea what might come or any other source to find it out?

No sorry, I have no clue. I am just planning to revise everything on the spec.
Reply 15
Anyone who knows what questions or related questions might come in exam on this may 25th 2016 (IGCSE PHYSICS P1) ?

meeee
Original post by rafraf
meeee

Can you please tell us and help us out, Thanks in Advance :smile:
Reply 17
Can you please tell us and help us out, Thanks in Advance :smile:

just copy and past whatever i sent u on private lol XD cz i read that first then this
np i hope it helped
Original post by rafraf
just copy and past whatever i sent u on private lol XD cz i read that first then this
np i hope it helped

Can you tell me too?
guys do u know any vector quantity that isnt a force

Quick Reply

Latest