The Student Room Group

WJEC Language 2016 official prediction thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SophFlorence
Ah, what a nightmare. I'm sure you still did great though. Timing was an issue for me, too, and so my final paragraph was slightly rushed, and my conclusion was pretty minimal. Yes, low grade boundaries are well deserved, those poems were, on reflection, pretty darn difficult.
I know right! we just have to wait and see aha.
Original post by Farnosh
I know right! we just have to wait and see aha.

Yes indeed!:smile:
Reply 382
Hello I think when doing the literature paper I ticked the wrong question indicator box... will I get zero because of this?
Original post by rainbow drops
What was the TKAM extract and two essay questions? I didn't do the exam but I really want to know!

For my exams there was no extract but the two questions where on the character of dill and the theme of death
Reply 384
Original post by mirah01
For my exams there was no extract but the two questions where on the character of dill and the theme of death

There should have been a 10 mark question about an extract and then a choice between 2 X 20 mark essays??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Farnosh
That's great man! lol I didn't really love the poems at first, in fact I was the first person on this thread to assume 'in cardigan market' was about prostitution! but others didn't believe that :smile: also, I dint really like the extract question that much, I hated that scene! hope you get the results you want! x

I talked about prostitution...but I tried not to be too explicit... Will I lose marks if they think it's "inappropriate"
Original post by tnk191
I talked about prostitution...but I tried not to be too explicit... Will I lose marks if they think it's "inappropriate"

Same here aha
Original post by WJGR
Hello I think when doing the literature paper I ticked the wrong question indicator box... will I get zero because of this?

Nah they can tell from the context of the question which one you picked so no, they wouldn't penalise you for that. :smile:
any prediction from a christmas carol and view from a bridge

i think there is going to be an open theme question in ACC

but a general theme question in AVFAB

love to know your opinion...
any predictions for an inspector calls and heroes?
Original post by TMTGGG
Does anybody have any predictions for which character will come up for the An Inspector Calls question WJEC unit 2 literature paper?

i think maybe sheila?
anyone have any A* exemplar responses for essays on LOTF and blood brothers?
Any predictions for An Inspector Calls or Heroes?
Reply 393
Original post by rebebeb
Any predictions for An Inspector Calls or Heroes?

AIC - Gerald, Sheila or their relationship
Heroes - Nicole, Francis or their relationship

I might not be right btw !!
any predictions for pride and prejudice???
Any predictions for a view from the bridge or christmas carol????
Posted from TSR Mobile

Catherine + Rodolfo
Beatrice
Alfieri
Catherine + Eddie
Reply 397
Can anyone help to suggest where I can find character quotes for A View From the Bridge and quotes for A Christmas Carol? 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 398
If Sheila were to come up, would the following points be okay to include:

How she's seen as quite immature and spoilt at the beginning of the play - reliant on her parents - but then her attitude changes as she realises that there's no point in lying to the Inspector

Her response to Eva Smith's death is one of the few encouraging things to come out of the play - shows sympathy and accepts her responsibility

Her views and opinions contrast with her parents

The relationship she had/has with Gerald - she matured after breaking up the engagement
predictions for Inspector calls and heroes people?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending