The Student Room Group

How was Geography (AQA A)?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amanii_ox
RiverMeanders.jpg
i did the tops one (with more detail, like the fastest and slowest flow, floodplains etc) because i was sure it meant that. i don't remember seeing cross section...
but i saw a similar q like this on one for the papers and they gave marks for cross section and birds eye view,,,
i'm think u should've got the mark

Okay but I should at least pick up a couple of marks because I labelled the cross section? Also for the 8 marker what were you meant to write?
Reply 41
Original post by Job738338
Are u guys talking about a level or gcse

GCSE.
Original post by Job738338
For Andes I put

Hydroelectric power
Llamas carrying
Terraced for farming
Tourism from scenery

It wasn't a hard question you just had to link it back to q

As long as you linked it to how people overcome problems they face then you'll get the marks
Ice on the land people
What did you label on diagram
I did arête glacial trough glacier striations bulldozed material terminal moraine
?
Reply 44
Original post by 1jonam16
Lol why are you being like that? Lol aren't you the same person who always complains about stuff? And now you're being arrogant?

Always complains about his **** grades
Reply 45
In the coasts section what did you put for "describe the wave" 😂
There is no way an A* will be 58! Between 45-50 I think x
Original post by LiamCollins
Okay but I should at least pick up a couple of marks because I labelled the cross section? Also for the 8 marker what were you meant to write?

I did Q 1, 5, 7

q1) R.earth--- I did the Andes, talked about terracing, foresting, llama in the mining industry, subsistence farmer... those points mainly and developed them a lot more obvs

q5) Rivers--- I did MEDC effect vs/ LEDC effects

I did the Cockermouth vs/ Bangladesh
I did about 4-6 primary and secondary effects for Cockermouth and 3-4 primary and secondary effects for Bangladesh. ALso i tried to compare as much as possible....
but i think i might have lost a few marks on that Q

The q7) Coasts---- I did the case study about East Anglia

I did 1 like 3-4 social points and 1 political points, then I realized that there was clearly not enough... so i used a few economic points and tried my hardest to like it to social and political , i think i also may have lost a few marks on this.

wby
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Cj707

That question was so weird! I just put that it is destructive and went over the walkway or something 😂
Original post by Cj707

destructive wave, high frequency 10-14 per minute, steep and high, backwash stronger than swash

what did you put for how do constructive waves shape the coast? you don't need to write about longshore drift right?
Destructive wave, 10-14 per min, tall and steep, drag more material off the beach than they deposit on to it
Reply 51
Ah I put constructive oh well I just didn't know how to get 3 marks though 😁 And for the shaping coast question I talked about making a beach but idk 😰
Reply 52
Original post by worksmartnothard
Awh crap... I found it quite hard and I was aiming for a* :frown:
exactly the same with me don't worry, you have human and your controlled assessment too
Original post by vincentvangogh
destructive wave, high frequency 10-14 per minute, steep and high, backwash stronger than swash

what did you put for how do constructive waves shape the coast? you don't need to write about longshore drift right?

For that I just wrote about wave refraction slowing down the wave to form a constructive wave that has a greater swash than backwash so sediment is deposited and creates bays or beaches in sheltered parts of the coast. I didn't write about longshoredrift either 😄
Reply 54
Original post by TappoWappoS
For that I just wrote about wave refraction slowing down the wave to form a constructive wave that has a greater swash than backwash so sediment is deposited and creates bays or beaches in sheltered parts of the coast. I didn't write about longshoredrift either 😄

I put this too :smile:
Original post by TappoWappoS

ahh thanks :smile: yeh my friends wrote about longshore drift but i didn't so i got a bit worried ahha
Original post by vincentvangogh

i mentioned long sore drift and how it 'zigzags' along the coast using constructive ways because they deposit more than they can erode. thats all i mentioned for longshore drift, everything else i wrote for that was everything for that in the CGP guide
For anyone wondering about the political impacts: for the maldives case study it was that the govt were looking into buying land in india or australia and moving the maldivian population there. Also that they requested $2 million to build a 3m high sea wall around the capital city.
This isn't a point based question though, did you get developed statements (therefore, as a result of, consequently) because you have to get into level 3 (7-8 marks) you only need to make one point as long as you develop it well.
Original post by amanii_ox
GEOGRAPHY AQA A PEOPLE!! HIGHER...

THE FIRST QUESTION IN THE LITTLE TABLE,...
it asked something like 24^ WEST and sometreitng 65^NORTH or something like that, they asked what volcano or something was on the map

I said Mount St Helens

Quick Reply