The Student Room Group

Official OCR Physics A G481 24th May June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by Daribig
How many makrs do u reckon i'd get? 0/3?

I guess 1/3 for the correct thinking distance of 18m - same as me
Was that a relatively easy paper? High grade boundaries?
Original post by RBoss
I guess 1/3 for the correct thinking distance of 18m - same as me

Looking back on it, it seems so obvious but at the time i didnt wanna trade time for other questions that yielded more marks. Oh well considering what cuda come up i'll take it. Reckon ive dropped atleast 6 marks, so im hoping for a mark around 50 ish
Reply 243
Guys you know that motorcycle question, if u remember that part where they asked why the loss of PE from X to Y wasn't equal to the KE at Y, what was your answers ?
Original post by Anas97
Guys you know that motorcycle question, if u remember that part where they asked why the loss of PE from X to Y wasn't equal to the KE at Y, what was your answers ?

It was already in motion before X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 245
Original post by Daribig
Looking back on it, it seems so obvious but at the time i didnt wanna trade time for other questions that yielded more marks. Oh well considering what cuda come up i'll take it. Reckon ive dropped atleast 6 marks, so im hoping for a mark around 50 ish

I've definitely dropped at least 4 marks due to running out of time. I think the grade boundaries are going to be pretty steep, seeing as it's only retakes this year, unless they base the boundaries on last year or something. Wouldn't be surprised if it were 48+ for an A
Original post by Anas97

'The engine has done work on the bike to accelerate it, therefore inputting energy into the system of KE/PE
Original post by Agent47_
I thought it went well. Did anyone get approximately 23mm for the penultimate question?

Yes
Original post by RBoss
I've definitely dropped at least 4 marks due to running out of time. I think the grade boundaries are going to be pretty steep, seeing as it's only retakes this year, unless they base the boundaries on last year or something. Wouldn't be surprised if it were 48+ for an A

Orrr they could go the complete other way and be generous, considering this is the last time they're running this spec.
I think I stupidly left the number of cars that could be jumped over as 23.3, would that answer potentially be in the allow section of the mark scheme or have i just lost a mark
Original post by teachercol
yes - I've done the paper. I'll type up my answers this eve.
Pretty straightforward I thought. My students liked the paper - especially compared to the breadth paper!

What do you reckon the A grade boundary is?
I'm limited to at least 48/60 I think as I ran out of time and couldn't complete some questions. Then I know I've made a few mistakes after that. Hoping for maybe 42 marks as a minimum. Need a B/A overall. Kind of pissed off because I have done SO much revision for this unit and still messed it up, despite getting solid A's in all the past papers.
Original post by ludd-sama
Orrr they could go the complete other way and be generous, considering this is the last time they're running this spec.

I like this guy
Original post by Asiimov
I'm limited to at least 48/60 I think as I ran out of time and couldn't complete some questions. Then I know I've made a few mistakes after that. Hoping for maybe 42 marks as a minimum. Need a B/A overall. Kind of pissed off because I have done SO much revision for this unit and still messed it up, despite getting solid A's in all the past papers.

Feeling the exact same way, all those past papers and I still mange to ****ing run out of time :L
Reply 254
Original post by Nataxz_9
I like this guy

That's not how the grade boundaries work I don't think. I believe they work on percentiles e.g. 50% of candidates get a C and so on and so forth.
When will the unofficial mark scheme be up? :smile:
Original post by _MAT_
That's not how the grade boundaries work I don't think. I believe they work on percentiles e.g. 50% of candidates get a C and so on and so forth.

Oh, I didn't know Buzz Killington was on the thread.
Who has core 2 maths tomorrow :biggrin:
Am I the only one who got 21 for the number of cars...:s-smilie:
Original post by EpicNameBro
Feeling the exact same way, all those past papers and I still mange to ****ing run out of time :L

Same, I literally needed 15 more seconds; I had the answer to the second to last question on my calculator but ran out of time ... I've probably lost 3 marks on that question, and probs about 10 marks throughout that paper. I think I got 45 as a minimum though; but I just need an A. With only resit candidates and such an easy paper I have a feeling the boundaries are going to be really high, like 50 for an A. I don't know how I keep running out of time though. It was better than last year though I must say; last year I had at least 1/3 unanswered due to time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending