The Student Room Group

Foundation maths

Does anyone have any predictions for the GCSE foundation maths exam on thursday ?
Original post by revision1
Does anyone have any predictions for the GCSE foundation maths exam on thursday ?

I'm not going to lie foundation has straight forward questions, despite any topics being logical can help. Always revise every topic and do past papers for a better chance of a higher grade.
Ive been taking gcse foundation maths since year 9,and my certificate maths in year 10,trying to get a C.Year 11 and im still trying to get a C.Just dont understand!!!
It's so sad i was doing higher until my teacher told me two weeks ago that i'm doing foundation

Did you ask them why? This happened to me in science even I was getting straight A/A*'s in science. Since you used to do higher tier you should think foundation is really easy to do.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by zXcodeXz
Did you ask them why? This happened to me in science even I was getting straight A/A*'s in science

My teacher put my whole class into foundation and i'm not even in the lowest set soo annoying! and the thing with foundation you need 75 for a pass and higher is half marks.
My teacher put my whole class into foundation and i'm not even in the lowest set soo annoying! and the thing with foundation you need 75 for a pass and higher is half marks.

Wow, you should of talked to her about it! It's not fair on you since it's easier to pass in higher. Where you planning on doing A-Level Maths?
Reply 6
Wow, you should of talked to her about it! It's not fair on you since it's easier to pass in higher. Where you planning on doing A-Level Maths?

I did try but they told the class we were put into foundation after they'd submitted our entries, and nope i just wanted a B but with foundation the highest is a C although foundation is absolutely easy i'm scared i won't get the whole paper correct because the foundation paper i've heard has higher paper questions in them too.
I did try but they told the class we were put into foundation after they'd submitted our entries, and nope i just wanted a B but with foundation the highest is a C although foundation is absolutely easy i'm scared i won't get the whole paper correct because the foundation paper i've heard has higher paper questions in them too.

Very few of them but don't worry about it too much. You don't need to get the whole paper correct just for a C
Does anyone have any predictions for the GCSE Higher maths?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
Very few of them but don't worry about it too much. You don't need to get the whole paper correct just for a C

Yeeh!! the least i can do is just revise for foundation i guess.
Yeeh!! the least i can do is just revise for foundation i guess.

Yeah go for it! :smile: good luck!!
Original post by Sean_Darvell
I don't know really I'm doing the paper foundation, Its just going to be angles and formulas really. AQA normally repeat the same questions each year.

Yeah AQA repeats the most questions to be honest

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending