The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA A Geography 1 - 24th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vincentvangogh
yeah, it was like 'here's an aerial view of a meander. draw a plan for the meanders shown'. i did a cross section and did the labels but it was apparently a long profile

How is it a long profile? I copied their figure and labelled it like a cross section
Also wtf was with the contrast effects in different countries. All i could think of was that poor part has no money
Original post by B1uescorpion
How is it a long profile? I copied their figure and labelled it like a cross section

i googled it and plan is a 'bird's eye view' so it's probably the long profile idk
Would I lose marks for drawing a cross section and a bord eye view?
Hi
For the Coastal zone for the last question about the Sea levels rising. Did any of you guys use holderness?

I used holderness and not Maldives
Thanks,
What do you guys think the grade boundaries will be?
Original post by ImFailingBadly1

They've been low, at around mid-late 40s for the past few years - and some people found that paper a bit hard...so 46/75 for an A*? Between 44-49 I think x
Original post by sunny181113
They've been low, at around mid-late 40s for the past few years - and some people found that paper a bit hard...so 46/75 for an A*? Between 44-49 I think x

What is it for a C-B grade
Original post by sunny181113

I think around 49/75
Oh my gosh i hate the 8 marker for living world like what was it even asking, uses or sustainable management?
And for coastal zone, it showed a figure and said describe this wave what did people put?
Original post by mxskaan
Omg I put about the responses? What about you? It was so so vague ugh :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was very annoyed. I asked my Geography teacher, but the invigilator there would not allow him to explain the question to me. Annoying. So I decided to talk about the consequences of no response and when the exam finished, I asked what the question was asking for and apparently it was about the actual local, national and international response!!! SO MAD! THE QUESTION DIDN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE!
What did you talk about??

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did a birds eye view as it said 'plan', is this correct?
Original post by vincentvangogh
i googled it and plan is a 'bird's eye view' so it's probably the long profile idk
Original post by GCSE_core
I did a birds eye view as it said 'plan', is this correct?

yeh i think so
Original post by ImFailingBadly1

I hope the grade boundaries will be as LOW AS THE MEANING IN THE QUESTIONS OF THE 8 MARKERS!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the labeling characteristics of a meander, would labeling bluff lines get a mark?? Thanks
I did a copied the image in a birds eye view format, then I labels it
What marks will I need for a C if I got a B in my coursework?
I spoke about East Anglia
Original post by Harry Drew
I did a copied the image in a birds eye view format, then I labels it

Same! But I don't know if that was right. Ugh, those questions were worded really weirdly!
Original post by student46803
I did Water on the land, and for my 8 marker I accidentally put Bam, Iran instead of Bangladesh for the case study! :frown: I think I got all the points right though but does anyone know if this will limit the marks because I'm hoping for an A*.

You probably won't get an A* as u messed up the 8markers, but it also depends on your coursework

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending