The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA A Geography 1 - 24th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Considering 75 is full marks definitely and the grade boundaries for an A* are usually 50
What did people put about the Andes 8marker
Original post by ImFailingBadly1
What is it for a C-B grade

I think B-39 and C-31/32 x
Original post by Harry Drew

I said that they farm the land using terraces. They grow tea there and it's in terraces so they can retain water. I also mentioned about the llamas in figure 2b and said they're used to transport goods up the steep slopes. I hope this is correct!
Original post by TracyEmu
I hope the grade boundaries will be as LOW AS THE MEANING IN THE QUESTIONS OF THE 8 MARKERS!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hehe I think 48 for an A*

It was hard, did you remember to to include a case study?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kingj123
Hi
For the Coastal zone for the last question about the Sea levels rising. Did any of you guys use holderness?

I used holderness and not Maldives
Thanks,

I did Mappleton aswell, I wrote about the erosion and the debate between the farmers and the council (political) about putting in groynes! How did you find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The views on this paper are quite mixed..so I say 48 for an A*, considering that I found the 2015 paper easier and that was 46 x
Wait what was the case question on the water on land? Also what did you say for the global distribution of ecosystems in the living world one?
Reply 209
What did you write for the image of the Avalanche in ice on the land
Original post by AlexPenney123
I did Mappleton aswell, I wrote about the erosion and the debate between the farmers and the council (political) about putting in groynes! How did you find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote about East Anglia
image.jpgThis is about rising sea levels
Don't forget that it's slightly lower with CW mark
I wrote about East Anglia

Same sort of place I guess 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ursulab
Wait what was the case question on the water on land? Also what did you say for the global distribution of ecosystems in the living world one?

Case study for WOTL was the floods, comparing the effects of MEDC (I did Carlisle) and LEDC (I did Bangladesh)

Posted from TSR Mobile
For living world the 8 mark case study comparing economic opportunities in 2 deserts I mixed up the points putting them for the wrong desert but they are right points but for the other one. Will I still be able to gain marks out of 8 for this
Reply 216
What did you write for the image of the Avalanche in ice on the land
what did people write for the "describe the wave" question? The one where it said refer to figure 19.
Destructive wave.

I said things like "destructive waves topple over a beach and destroy the beach. They arrive more often (12-14 times per minute) and occur due to great big fetches."
Original post by EJReyno
Would I lose marks for drawing a cross section and a bord eye view?

I'm not sure but if the labels of the characteristics are correct then you probably would get some marks. You might just lose 1 mark for drawing a cross-sectional view.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending