The Student Room Group

What do you think happened to Madeline McCann?

Scroll to see replies

Dave terrifies me, so does Gerry.

"One night, on holidays, the adults, that is, the couples that I mentioned, were on a patio outside of the house where we were staying. We had been eating and drinking. I was seated between Dave and Gerry who I believe were both speaking about Madeleine.

I don't remember the conversation in its entirety, but it seemed they were discussing a possible scenario. I remember Dave telling Gerry something like "she", referring to Madeleine, "would do this".

When he mentioned "this", Dave was sucking on one of his fingers, pushing it inside and outside his mouth, while with the other hand he made a circle around his nipple, in a circulatory movement over his clothes. This was done in a provocative manner and carried an explicit insinuation in relation to what he was saying and doing,"

This terrifies me. ^ I hope it's not true.
Original post by Vicky628
I don't see why the parents would be making it such a media spectacle if they had something to hide. Kids vanish all the time and get 5 minutes on local news, I can't see somebody guilty essentially increasing police hours into solving it.

There are plenty of people who've done the same, look at the Shannon Matthews case, her mum went on tv when she was the culprit
Reply 22
Wasn't there evidence of Madelines DNA found in the boot of the McCanns hire car? I can't remember if that was a conspiracy, or a hoax, etc.
I don't see why the parents would be making it such a media spectacle if they had something to hide. Kids vanish all the time and get 5 minutes on local news, I can't see somebody guilty essentially increasing police hours into solving it.

I can, it is very clever. The more media coverage, the more sympathy, the more sympathy the less accusations. I mean every parent in Britain was saddened by Madelines news.

It's not just that, but how angry the Mccann's were at other researcher (don't remember his name) who used his own money in search for Madeline is also rather telling. Why would you be angry? If you were completely innocent then surely you would be thankful?
She's obviously not dead. It's gone on too long for her to just turn out dead.

Or if she is dead, then the story behind it will be so grotesque that it will totally make up for it.

I quite like how they're slowly bringing her back into the public eye.- Can't wait for the grand revelation which should probs surface in a good 18 months.

..maybe 3 years, if they want to be slow about it.

I personally believe the entire thing is a complete facade.
Original post by ivybridge
I don't think the parents had anything to do with it. I think they would have let it go by now if they had done to be honest, not try and put themselves more and more in the frame. I dunno what happened to her, I think she's dead though but I think she was taken and the parents had nothing to do with it but that's just my view.

I disagree. I just think there is too much misdirection for the parents to be deemed completely innocent.

I thought they were also completely innocent until I did some researched and sensed something very odd about them.
Original post by Anon_98
She's obviously not dead. It's gone on too long for her to just turn out dead.

Or if she is dead, then the story behind it will be so grotesque that it will totally make up for it.

I quite like how they're slowly bringing her back into the public eye.- Can't wait for the grand revelation which should probs surface in a good 18 months.

..maybe 3 years, if they want to be slow about it.

I personally believe the entire thing is a complete facade.

Really? or are you joking?

Madeline is honestly one of the biggest mysteries that I want so badly to be solved before I die.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I disagree. I just think there is too much misdirection for the parents to be deemed completely innocent.

I thought they were also completely innocent until I did some researched and sensed something very odd about them.

Which is fair enough.

Yes but I'm not sure it's fair to link them unreservedly to the parents...
I can, it is very clever. The more media coverage, the more sympathy, the more sympathy the less accusations. I mean every parent in Britain was saddened by Madelines news.

It's not just that, but how angry the Mccann's were at other researcher (don't remember his name) who used his own money in search for Madeline is also rather telling. Why would you be angry? If you were completely innocent then surely you would be thankful?

Equally, the more media coverage, a brighter spotlight. And I suppose, but even if they have something to hide (I might be making this up but wasn't he very interested in their finances, so they could have been frauds?) and risked having something uncovered that lost public support.

Spoiler

Original post by ivybridge
Which is fair enough.

Yes but I'm not sure it's fair to link them unreservedly to the parents...

don't you think though it was wrong of them to leave children that young on their own?

p.s did you like your poem :colondollar:
Original post by Adores
Wasn't there evidence of Madelines DNA found in the boot of the McCanns hire car? I can't remember if that was a conspiracy, or a hoax, etc.

Yes, that was true.

Personally, I have no idea what happened to that little girl. The Portuguese detective who ran the case released a book with his conclusion: that Maddy awoke in the night, fell behind the sofa and died, and was disposed of by the parents.
I blame the British police. They're way too soft. But can I really blame them? The government has cut the numbers of them coppers, reduced their salaries drastically, no provision of enhanced career benefits, obscure information on education enhancement paths etc.

@ivybridge @Vicky628 @Dom2375 @aarora
Equally, the more media coverage, a brighter spotlight. And I suppose, but even if they have something to hide (I might be making this up but wasn't he very interested in their finances, so they could have been frauds?) and risked having something uncovered that lost public support.

Spoiler

But I think the spotlight is what makes people believe they didn't do anything because as you said, a brighter spotlight seems like more spillage of the truth.

No, I don't think so, I think he was just interested.

Nor can I. It's very morbid indeed.
I think parents hired someone to get rid of her. What kind of parents leave their kids alone on holiday ffs? Could they not have hired a babysitter or just stayed in the suite and ordered food up with their mates?
Isis
[video="youtube;RY9pqnhxLEY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY9pqnhxLEY[/video]

WHY AREN'T THEY CRYING?
[video="youtube;JebImnPFcuI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JebImnPFcuI[/video]

I found this really interesting too.
Original post by whitetack
don't you think though it was wrong of them to leave children that young on their own?

p.s did you like your poem :colondollar:

I do. However, I think it was an innocent thing with a huge consequence. Plenty of parents do it and nothing happens and we don't condemn them because nothing happened. We only condemn the McCann's because something did happen.

I did! :smile:
Really? or are you joking?

Madeline is honestly one of the biggest mysteries that I want so badly to be solved before I die.

I'm not joking.- That's my opinion on the situation. There is no "Madeline".

Oh hm, I do think it'll be solved before then, no doubt.
Whether or not the parents did it or not, they sure as hell milked the story and made millions from it. I don't understand why this particular story got such widespread attention - the parents were, even if they didn't actually take Madeleine themselves, responsible for her disappearance so I don't understand why they get all of this sympathy.

Many young children go missing from their beds, most of which with the parents in the house, every year - why don't they get headline news?

Quick Reply

Latest