The Student Room Group

I want to buy my teacher chocolates?

Scroll to see replies

yeah definitely get her some nice chocolates like those thorntons or even Ferrero Roche (cant spell the damn thing), don't mention about taking it the wrong way or giving the wrong impression because she wont think of it that way and youll just be drawing notice to it and implying that you don't find her attractive (which she will know anyone but its never nice to have it pointed out). just make sure theres a thank you card with the chocolates and it says thank you for the help or you've been the best teacher etc

she will honestly be delighted :smile:
Reply 21
Why would I need to give her a card too? I feel it would be stupid and silly to give her a card, possibly embarrassing too. I'll be giving her chocolates and that's it :smile:

I'm overwhelmed by the responses thank you so much people! Please keep them coming! :smile:
Original post by eugene1
Why would I need to give her a card too? I feel it would be stupid and silly to give her a card, possibly embarrassing too. I'll be giving her chocolates and that's it :smile:

I'm overwhelmed by the responses thank you so much people! Please keep them coming! :smile:

The card is much more significant and better than chocolates.
The card is unique and she can keep,The box of milk tray is £1.50-2 can be bought anywhere.

How can you need more replies? Have you never bought anyone a gift or present before?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by 999tigger
The card is much more significant and better than chocolates.
The card is unique and she can keep,The box of milk tray is £1.50-2 can be bought anywhere.

How can you need more replies? Have you never bought anyone a gift or present before?

The card is embarrassing and stupid. I have bought food for my family before but no not a actual present. Why would she want to keep a card? I don't understand I really don't!
Original post by eugene1
The card is embarrassing and stupid. I have bought food for my family before but no not a actual present. Why would she want to keep a card? I don't understand I really don't!

Anyone can buy a box of chocolates.
A card is unique and personal (depending what you write) to you. She can keep it.
Teachers appreciate the fact they have done a good job and helped their pupils, which is more significant than chocolate. they could have worked in a chocolate factory or a higher paid job, if that was their aim.

Why is this such a big deal ? Wju do you have to be determined? It's just a gift.
Reply 25
Original post by 999tigger
Anyone can buy a box of chocolates.
A card is unique and personal (depending what you write) to you. She can keep it.
Teachers appreciate the fact they have done a good job and helped their pupils, which is more significant than chocolate. they could have worked in a chocolate factory or a higher paid job, if that was their aim.

Why is this such a big deal ? Wju do you have to be determined? It's just a gift.

Exactly, it is just a gift? It's a big deal because I don't think it is normal and right to give her a card, it's also a big deal to give her chocolates because she deserves it? A card is unique (like me really) and personal, I don't want it personal, she can keep it, why would she want to keep it? It's stupid IMO I'm starting to think it is just best to forget the whole idea now :angry:
Original post by eugene1
Exactly, it is just a gift? It's a big deal because I don't think it is normal and right to give her a card, it's also a big deal to give her chocolates because she deserves it? A card is unique (like me really) and personal, I don't want it personal, she can keep it, why would she want to keep it? It's stupid IMO I'm starting to think it is just best to forget the whole idea now :angry:

Your teacher will be very happy if you say than you and show some appreciation of her efforts to improve your education. Its normal when you give a gift to put some thought into it, but a box of Milk Tray will be fine if thats what you intend. No need to personalise it any more if it makes you feel uncomfortable.

Its a perfectly common and normal thing to do, so I wouldnt worry about it.
Original post by eugene1
I go to college and have been doing English and Maths, my Maths teacher is the nicest person I have ever met really, She's really helped me out and always been really nice to me she called me lovely in the staff room when we had a chat about how the course was going.

I'm a guy, 20 and she is 50 to get that out of the way straight away haha, I feel it would be wrong for me not to buy her anything, and right to buy her something I am thinking of a cadbury milk tray (Type in Google in you're not sure) they are a selection of chocolates just to say thanks, so What I want to know is, would it be right to buy her a milk tray? I'll knock on the staff room on my last day and just say thanks for all the help, and I'm bought this for you to say thanks but I don't want it to come across the wrong way (I don't think it will) I asked my mate and he said she might feel embarrassed? Another mate said she will appreciate it and my thoughtfulness?

So please comment and will look forward to hearing your thoughts, please be honest this means a lot to me :smile:

No, that would be really nice of you to do that. She will appreciate it and who doesn't love Cadbury Milk Chocolate?!?!
Reply 28
Original post by zXcodeXz
No, that would be really nice of you to do that. She will appreciate it and who doesn't love Cadbury Milk Chocolate?!?!

That's the thing! but not everyone likes Cadbury, she could be one of them. Milk Tray you can get 2 types (I think), the small one, or the large one, which do I buy? Money is not what it is about, so it doesn't matter how much it costs.

A small one would be great, but maybe too small? And a large one might be too much?

Either way, she'll be delighted (I hope) :redface:
Reply 29
Few examples of other types, because I am gonna have to put the chocolates in my bag, so don't want out of place once it is opened.

That is such a nice thing to do and I'm sure she will appreciate this alot. It's such a kind gesture and it shows you care!

I think you should go ahead and do it!
Original post by eugene1
That's the thing! but not everyone likes Cadbury, she could be one of them. Milk Tray you can get 2 types (I think), the small one, or the large one, which do I buy? Money is not what it is about, so it doesn't matter how much it costs.

A small one would be great, but maybe too small? And a large one might be too much?

Either way, she'll be delighted (I hope) :redface:

Just get the large one. Your worrying about this way too much if I gave a teacher a box of chocolates I wouldn't bother what size it is and wether if it's too much or too less
Original post by eugene1
Few examples of other types, because I am gonna have to put the chocolates in my bag, so don't want out of place once it is opened.

Either Hereos, Roses or Celebration they are really popular
Reply 33
Either Hereos, Roses or Celebration they are really popular

So Quality street isn't popular? Haha just joking so I actually prefer one of these in the pics I posted, I feel they are less better than Milk Tray and Thorntons but oh well :tongue:
Original post by eugene1
So Quality street isn't popular? Haha just joking so I actually prefer one of these in the pics I posted, I feel they are less better than Milk Tray and Thorntons but oh well :tongue:

They are popular but I prefer the others, in quality streets there are always left over sweets
Reply 35
They are popular but I prefer the others, in quality streets there are always left over sweets

Ok :smile:
Reply 36
It is coming to the end of May, I finish my course at the end of June so a month basically.

Will it be better to give her the chocolates on the last day? Or a few days before? Weeks?If weeks then she'll tell everyone that I bought her something maybe, anytime is good because the exams are over we all passed, so it isn't proper work.
Reply 37
dont do it! she could get pregnant from the chocolate DO YOU WANT TO RUIN HER LIFE?? no i didnt think so. imagine if it was you who had a chocolate-human hybrid baby how would you feel? wtf am i on about goodnight everyone...
Reply 38
Original post by Nayzar
dont do it! she could get pregnant from the chocolate DO YOU WANT TO RUIN HER LIFE?? no i didnt think so. imagine if it was you who had a chocolate-human hybrid baby how would you feel? wtf am i on about goodnight everyone...

:banghead:
Original post by eugene1
She bought me a mars bar today, so makes me even more determined! :smile:

LOl, get in there, boy o!!

Quick Reply

Latest