The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA1 - 24 May 2016 - RESIT [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
For the conservation to find particle X I put photon, it doesn't have a charge, lepton number = 0, baryon number = 0, doesn't violate anything so would I by any chance get the mark?
Original post by Ayaz789
I got 45/70 will i get 80Ums marks?

You do realise that 80UMS is a 67% C. The paper is out of 120UMS.

Unless you mean an 80% A, which in that case is 96UMS
Original post by matty9
For the conservation to find particle X I put photon, it doesn't have a charge, lepton number = 0, baryon number = 0, doesn't violate anything so would I by any chance get the mark?

I don't think so, energy and momentum won't be conserved

^^ ignore that - read this. The explanation looks kinda long

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/particles/allfor.html
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by shuu00
You do realise that 80UMS is a 67% C. The paper is out of 120UMS.

Unless you mean an 80% A, which in that case is 96UMS

I mean 80 Ums marks!:smile: I need a C haha
Original post by Ayaz789
48-50 :O Ive probs got 75 ums then? Ill still be happy with that!

Probably. Look at the AQA ums converter and look at what you need for 80ums on past papers.
Original post by Lazarus26
So is the general consensus that the heater question was 228V and the last question was 3.4 ohms??

How did you get 3.4?
Reply 426
Original post by TajwarC
I don't think so, energy and momentum won't be conserved

Photons have momentum and energy though?
How many marks do you think for 100 UMS?
Original post by Ayaz789
I mean 80 Ums marks!:smile: I need a C haha

That's fair enough, was just making sure :smile:
Original post by matty9
Photons have momentum and energy though?

read my edit, misread something
Original post by NadiaC1998
Ho/w many marks do you think for 100 UMS?

100 UMS is an 83% A so possibly 58?
Original post by TheLifelessRobot
Probably. Look at the AQA ums converter and look at what you need for 80ums on past papers.

It varies a lot that the thing!(
June 15- 41
June 14- 46
June 13- 49
Jan 13- 48
June 12- 47Jan 12- 47
Reply 432
Original post by TajwarC
read my edit, misread something

So you suggesting we need to know about Charge Conjugation Symmetry at AS Level?
Original post by shuu00
That's fair enough, was just making sure :smile:

Haha i have low expectations to everyone in this thread:biggrin:
Original post by Ayaz789
Haha i have low expectations to everyone in this thread:biggrin:

Don't worry! I'm sure you've done fine :smile:
Original post by shuu00
Don't worry! I'm sure you've done fine :smile:

Ngl i am a bit ****** off :smile: I need a C for my offer , i dont get it how im good at maths and further maths and **** at Physics tbh :/
Original post by matty9
So you suggesting we need to know about Charge Conjugation Symmetry at AS Level?

No. This exact question came up before in a paper (June 14) and the reasoning behind the neutral pion was to conserve charge, except they gave you a list of particles to chose from. I'll be honest here, aside from the obvious charge conservation the only reason I knew it was the neutral pion was because I'd seen the question before

That's A levels for you haha. You might get the mark, who knows
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ayaz789
Ngl i am a bit ****** off :smile: I need a C for my offer , i dont get it how im good at maths and further maths and **** at Physics tbh :/

I have the same problem with bio, I suck at biology lol. I guess it has something to do with they way your brain processes information
Original post by shuu00
I have the same problem with bio, I suck at biology lol. I guess it has something to do with they way your brain processes information

Like im predicted an A* in maths and Further maths then a C in Physics because im so bad at it idk why :/
Reply 439
Original post by TajwarC
No. This exact question came up before in a paper (June 14) and the reasoning behind the neutral pion was to conserve charge, except they gave you a list of particles to chose from. I'll be honest here, aside from the obvious charge conservation the only reason I knew it was the neutral pion was because I'd seen the question before

That's A levels for you haha

Ah lucky you, I should have done June 14 before the exam :/ I made the mistake of doing all the old papers because I'd never seen them before but had no idea it was basically the same question, ik I'll get some method marks for the conservation laws behind it but not sure about the photon since it doesn't violate any AS conservation laws haha

Quick Reply

Latest