The Student Room Group

In a awkward situation...

A while ago my mum found a stonewall thing, with the I am gay thing on it. She looked through my pockets and that's how she found it, she already knew I'm gay but she had difficulty with it, anyways she flipped and hit me quite hard (with a shoe) on my new piercing (it got really swollen and never healed so had to take it out) it hurt a lot (like blinding pain). She has outbursts of anger and takes it out on me (example: one time I accidentally broke this small hoover thingy and hit me on the face with the broken piece). She just makes it hard for me to live with her, she's always forcing this religious bs on me and tells me how god is punishing me and blah blah blah.

Sometimes she can be nice (which is the ****ed up part because it confuses me), and it used to make me forget the bad bits but now I just hate her. I look at her and I'm angry (and upset at the same time). I have younger siblings and she's never harsh to them. I can't tell anyone for fear that they'll take my siblings away from her.
I can't really stand living with her, I don't know what to do. All we do is fight now, she's always screaming at me for the smallest things. :/

We've had family therapy in the past, it never helped it actually made things worse.
Reply 1
Have you actually sat down with her and had a one on one conversation about how you feel?
Original post by spidle
Have you actually sat down with her and had a one on one conversation about how you feel?

Too many tbh, never changes anything.
Reply 3
Original post by rainraingoaway
We've had family therapy in the past, it never helped it actually made things worse.

If she ever flips out, just walk away and give both of you time to cool down, maybe go for a walk or something. Tell her you don't mind if she has a problem and is willing to talk to you about it but there's no point in violence or shouting. Maybe crash at a friends house if it gets pretty bad!

If you don't want to get any social services involved, just try to avoid her for now and it wont be long until you can move out.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by cxxk
If she ever flips out, just walk away and give both of you time to cool down, maybe go for a walk or something. Tell her you don't mind if she has a problem and is willing to talk to you about it but there's no point in violence or shouting.

If you don't want to get any social services involved for the best, just avoid her when shes in a bad mood. Maybe go crash at a friends house sometimes. Avoid it for now and it wont be long before you can move out!!

The thing is when she flips out it invoves hitting me. Tbh, I'll just stop talking to her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending