The Student Room Group

Ocr geography sdme

I had my Geography exam today and one question was about what were the effects of costal erosion on people?
I said some that people will leave the area because they are in fear for their safety
and my second point was Peoples quality of life decreases because they will lose their jobs

will i get 4 marks in total?
or will i get less?
The question was the effect of costal erosion for the people living within 5km of the beach.

I put: 1.) Their houses would be destroyed and would lose all of their valuables; would have to evacuate.

2.) If the damage was severe enough their houses would become worthless meaning the couldn't move.

You will probably get the marks as your mentioning about them moving away etc...
Original post by TotalTrigger
The question was the effect of costal erosion for the people living within 5km of the beach.

I put: 1.) Their houses would be destroyed and would lose all of their valuables; would have to evacuate.

2.) If the damage was severe enough their houses would become worthless meaning the couldn't move.

You will probably get the marks as your mentioning about them moving away etc...

how many marks would u give me out of 4?
3/4 if you explained them because they are very similar points
Original post by sarah1001

If you're talking about my points - they aren't similar at all. One is being destroyed, the other being worthless so they cannot move.

Apologies if you're speaking to the OP
If you're talking about my points - they aren't similar at all. One is being destroyed, the other being worthless so they cannot move.

Apologies if you're speaking to the OP

im talking to the OP aha sorry
Original post by sarah1001

you think i got 3 marks?
Reply 7
Original post by Helpmepickone
I had my Geography exam today and one question was about what were the effects of costal erosion on people?
I said some that people will leave the area because they are in fear for their safety
and my second point was Peoples quality of life decreases because they will lose their jobs

will i get 4 marks in total?
or will i get less?

1- Land is lost meaning peoples businesses and homes could be effected.
2- The distance to the sea is increased meaning less tourists, less money ect.

Could also swear it is only 2 marks. Didnt ask you to expand your answer.
Original post by tj164
1- Land is lost meaning peoples businesses and homes could be effected.
2- The distance to the sea is increased meaning less tourists, less money ect.

Could also swear it is only 2 marks. Didnt ask you to expand your answer.

It was only 2 marks. 1 for each.
Reply 9
It was only 2 marks. 1 for each.

Thats okay then, Got me scared for a second.
I said that they would struggle to get insurance on their properties and property prices will fall which will prevent people from being able to move out of the area.

Quick Reply

Latest