The Student Room Group

AQA English Poetry

anyone got any useful websites to use to revise English poetry? Or any ideas what might or might not come up on Friday??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rebecca_16
anyone got any useful websites to use to revise English poetry? Or any ideas what might or might not come up on Friday??

I do the relationships cluster ans I have used the youtube channel called Miss Dye English ans she analyses each of the poems in the section very well in my opinion so I recommend if you do the relationship poems
Reply 2
Original post by Wordnerd2
I do the relationships cluster ans I have used the youtube channel called Miss Dye English ans she analyses each of the poems in the section very well in my opinion so I recommend if you do the relationship poems

thats really useful thank you! i do the relationship section too so that's useful:smile:
thats really useful thank you! i do the relationship section too so that's useful:smile:

It's okay, that channel might have actually saved my lit grade x
Im just hoping that sonnet 116 or hour come up tbh:smile:

Shmoop and SparkNotes are also very good.
Reply 6
Original post by iLukeAi
Im just hoping that sonnet 116 or hour come up tbh:smile:

yes!! same. they're easier to write about!
Reply 7
Original post by Pokémontrainer
Shmoop and SparkNotes are also very good.

oh ok awesome thats great thankless :smile:
yes!! same. they're easier to write about!

Haha:smile: in contrast I hope that brothers or harmonium dont come up omg theyre so boring
Reply 9
Original post by iLukeAi
Haha:smile: in contrast I hope that brothers or harmonium dont come up omg theyre so boring

ugh ikr!! theres nothing to say about them yeah they're so dull and boring :frown:
ugh ikr!! theres nothing to say about them yeah they're so dull and boring :frown:

Do you think its one question that has a poem about family and then love for the other question? Our teacher hasnt said anything about it but It seems like thats the case?
Mr Bruff, youtube. The best English lang and lit channel you can ask for, want a A* check him out
on youtube Mr Bruff is really good, he's an AQA examiner and he has awesome tips :smile:
i do the conflict cluster anybody know what i could use
Original post by Rimsha100100
i do the conflict cluster anybody know what i could use

i do Conflict and Mr Bruff is amazing!!!!
My teacher thinks To His Coy Mistress is likely to come up
points for what poems to compare for a certain theme?(relationships)
Reply 17
Original post by akkaLalalalala

here's some:

the manhunt
-contrast to the farmers bride
-farmers bride is written from a male point of view whilst the manhunt is from the perspective of a women exploring her feelings for her husband
-similar, both speakers clearly have feelings for their partners but they don't receive anything back

hour
-similiar to sonnet 116 as they both talk about the ideas of a battle between time and love

in paris with you
-similar to born yesterday as both poems reject traditional ideas
[in paris with you rejects traditional ideas about love whilst born yesterday rejects typical wishes you'd make to a newborn/wishes about life]

quickdraw
-similiar to sister maude as they both present the ideas of conflict within a relationship
Reply 18
Original post by akkaLalalalala

BBC Bitesize is good for poetry, it has quite a few notes for comparing poems with others and useful fey themes to write about :smile:
Original post by ellatolfrey
i do Conflict and Mr Bruff is amazing!!!!

yes thank god someone else other than me does conflict how are you feeling about tomorrows paper

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending