The Student Room Group

An Easy Exam? GCSE Edexcel Business

How's everyone feeling for tomorrow's edexcel business multiple choice? Anywhere people worried they/other people/me might mess up?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _TomHibbs
How's everyone feeling for tomorrow's edexcel business multiple choice? Anywhere people worried they/other people/me might mess up?

Fairly confident although I believe the questions will try and trick us our so read them carefully!
Original post by Speedbird129
Fairly confident although I believe the questions will try and trick us our so read them carefully!

*out
If it's anything like today's horrendous AQA AS-Level exam then you're ****ed.
Reply 4

Know exactly what you mean - have you seen the 2015 past paper where they gave you an option for Person description but that wasn't an answer because it's person specification.

Things like that all the way through
Reply 5
I just recently had the business "mocks" which weren't that hard so you should be fine :smile: good luck guys! (top tip: learn the key words and the meanings coz those are the questions that are most likely to trip you up)
Reply 6
Original post by Rabbit36
I just recently had the business "mocks" which weren't that hard so you should be fine :smile: good luck guys! (top tip: learn the key words and the meanings coz those are the questions that are most likely to trip you up)

You learning the de bono's hat things? never come up but if they did it would be a really hard question
Original post by abrack
If it's anything like today's horrendous AQA AS-Level exam then you're ****ed.

Thanks for the advice.
Thanks for the advice.

Sure thing, friend.

I'm sure you'll do fine! Edexcel is a lenient exam board. :biggrin:
Original post by abrack
Sure thing, friend.

I hope they are! :redface:
Original post by _TomHibbs
You learning the de bono's hat things? never come up but if they did it would be a really hard question

You mean the different coloured hats and what thinking they represent? Yeah that is the hardest ever! Especially the fact that I wasn't in the lesson and I have a rubbish teacher that can't explain anything, I would never be able to get any marks on it if it came up. Better revise those just in case and I hope for your sake that it doesn't come up :smile:
Original post by abrack
Sure thing, friend.

The grade boundaries are ridiculous though !! 38/40 for an a!!!
Original post by A.bi.iii
The grade boundaries are ridiculous though !! 38/40 for an a!!!

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayum. I'll pray for you!
Reply 13
Only thing I slip up on is the exchange rates...... must remember SPICED
Original post by lj42_m
Only thing I slip up on is the exchange rates...... must remember SPICED

I forgot it, do you know what it means?
Reply 15
Original post by Adzkii786
I forgot it, do you know what it means?

Stronger Pound Imports Cheaper Exports Dearer... and vice versa
Does anyone have any tips for the calculations?
All the formula's etc. I have no clue
Original post by Rabbit36
You mean the different coloured hats and what thinking they represent? Yeah that is the hardest ever! Especially the fact that I wasn't in the lesson and I have a rubbish teacher that can't explain anything, I would never be able to get any marks on it if it came up. Better revise those just in case and I hope for your sake that it doesn't come up :smile:

Is there an easy way to remember the six hats or do we just have to put up with it and try remember them haha?
Not sure what the difference is but:

For some reason we're doing 'Applied Business' from Edexcel. It seems a lot different from the normal past papers found on the website.

Ours if just Finacial Records - Financial Documents / Online Payments / Profitability Ratios / Measuring performance of a business / Computerised Accounting Systems.

The reference code is: 5AB02/01. Here is an example: http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/GCSE/Applied%20Business/2009/Exam%20materials/5AB02_01_que_20150520.pdf

Who knows, but it's easy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending