The Student Room Group

AS PE Edexcel 2016 (24/05/16)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
that was an okay paper, not terrible, not good.
Reply 21
I liked the 1.2 side of paper except the sports star and the train to train question. But thought the 1.1 wasn't great.
What are characteristics of static stretching?
And I didn't know the structural and functional definitions and relationship between them?
Original post by Pe123
I liked the 1.2 side of paper except the sports star and the train to train question. But thought the 1.1 wasn't great.
What are characteristics of static stretching?
And I didn't know the structural and functional definitions and relationship between them?

Couldnt think of 2 disadvantages for static :/ but yeah i agree, this was my retake from last year and i thought it went a lot better :smile:
Reply 23
Not sports specific

Doesn't replicate sporting movements.
Reply 24
what was the question on PNF? I left that question as a had no idea whatsoever!
Reply 25
does anybody know what the three reasons were that physical activity is used to tackle obesity??
Original post by Pe123
does anybody know what the three reasons were that physical activity is used to tackle obesity??

Obesity is increasing in england, puts extra strain on the nhs heath care, obesity means you are more likely to have a poor diet and more likely to suffer from other concerns such as metabolic syndrome
Reply 27
Original post by libby.2015
Obesity is increasing in england, puts extra strain on the nhs heath care, obesity means you are more likely to have a poor diet and more likely to suffer from other concerns such as metabolic syndrome

what about the question following that saying why is physical activity used to tackle obesity or something similar wording?
Original post by Pe123
what about the question following that saying why is physical activity used to tackle obesity or something similar wording?

Cant remember sorry!
Reply 29
Original post by Pe123
what was the question on PNF? I left that question as a had no idea whatsoever!

Assisted stretching, increased ROM etc
Reply 30
Original post by Pe123

Because exercise burns Kcal's, breaks down fat and increasing BMR
Original post by PE 2016
Because exercise burns Kcal's, breaks down fat and increasing BMR

Oh I didn't write that at all!
I put because exercise helps burn fat, because it's enjoyable and all ages can do it, and because it's cheaper than medication and can be done for free really
Reply 32
Original post by Annaaix_
Oh I didn't write that at all!
I put because exercise helps burn fat, because it's enjoyable and all ages can do it, and because it's cheaper than medication and can be done for free really

That as well! :smile: There will be **** load of examples they will accept on this. Hopefully a high scoring question.

Also, why are there 2 threads on this ?
Original post by PE 2016
That as well! :smile: There will be **** load of examples they will accept on this. Hopefully a high scoring question.

Also, why are there 2 threads on this ?

Ah I don't know! let's stick to this one haha
Reply 34
Ah I don't know! let's stick to this one haha

12 markers were fair. Professional and Ametur sports also. I hope they don't just want financial incentive for that. I put for the love of the sport with getting paid and then earning a wage from sport.

Structural and function questions were OK. I thought 1.2 was easier.
Original post by PE 2016
12 markers were fair. Professional and Ametur sports also. I hope they don't just want financial incentive for that. I put for the love of the sport with getting paid and then earning a wage from sport.

Structural and function questions were OK. I thought 1.2 was easier.

Ah I also didn't know exactly what to put for that question with the rationalization of sports? I know what it means but couldn't think of the exact definition so I tried to describe it as best I could haha
Reply 36
Ah I also didn't know exactly what to put for that question with the rationalization of sports? I know what it means but couldn't think of the exact definition so I tried to describe it as best I could haha

Think I out organised and fair games. Something like the Oxbridge rules etc
Reply 37
Original post by PE 2016
Think I out organised and fair games. Something like the Oxbridge rules etc

How are you all finding a2?? Had any mocks?

Quick Reply

Latest