The Student Room Group

English lit and maths exam?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Faizanasif
Thanks :smile: As it is the last question, it would certainly be an A/A* question. I see graph functions on the last question all the time, if not vectors! The other transformations like enlargement etc. is also most likely to come, in fact certainly will come at around question 8 or so. Revise these topics and get 100% on every practice question, then find longer questions so you get used to the wording, it will help you out loads! :wink:

By the way, if you want to do A Level Maths, please do try to get an A*, otherwise you will regret not getting it. Not because it's hard, revising now would be beneficial for next year, so you're not going to start with brand new topics at the start like Chemistry A Level for example :smile:

Thanks, and yeah i am considering maths next year :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by WillsWheels
Definitely try and revise for all your exams. Remember if one doesn't go as well. You can always improve your grade by doing well in the second one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, hopoefully :smile:
Original post by iamayesha
Thanks, and yeah i am considering maths next year :smile:

Apparently Maths is a real big step forward when its A Level, so I might so a few A Level Maths revision in summer holidays just to get a feel to it, but don't wanna be that nerd who revises all the AS Level topics before September haha! :biggrin:
Reply 23
Apparently Maths is a real big step forward when its A Level, so I might so a few A Level Maths revision in summer holidays just to get a feel to it, but don't wanna be that nerd who revises all the AS Level topics before September haha! :biggrin:

I'm focusing on surviving gcses first! But it would be good to be ahead
The sixth forms i've applied to have invited me to taster sessions for maths, which should help
Honestly i just want to enjoy my summer without a thought to school
I'm focusing on surviving gcses first! But it would be good to be ahead
The sixth forms i've applied to have invited me to taster sessions for maths, which should help
Honestly i just want to enjoy my summer without a thought to school

Haha! Yeah, my school is doing that too, but there's really no need for it. My brothers went to those and all they talk about is what the spec guide tells you, and they might give you summer work to do! But yeah, GCSEs determine what you will do for A Level, so yeah let's focus on that ahaha. Is your last exam on the 17th June?
Reply 25
Haha! Yeah, my school is doing that too, but there's really no need for it. My brothers went to those and all they talk about is what the spec guide tells you, and they might give you summer work to do! But yeah, GCSEs determine what you will do for A Level, so yeah let's focus on that ahaha. Is your last exam on the 17th June?

27th June :frown: :frown:
More than a month left
Wbu?
27th June :frown: :frown:
More than a month left
Wbu?

Haha don't worry. Think about it, each day will times 2 (I have not explained that well at all have I haha). For example, in 1 1/2 weeks time, its exactly half way from now and 17th June, when my exams finish (answered you question along the way too haha). That seems nothing. After half term, it will only be another 1 1/2 weeks left until 17th June. 10 day difference isn't a lot, I'm sure it will fly before you know it! :smile: By the way, what exam is on 27th June? That's quite a random date compared to the other subjects!
On the 27th June some people have Produck design and graphics or media lol, that's stressful
Reply 28
Haha don't worry. Think about it, each day will times 2 (I have not explained that well at all have I haha). For example, in 1 1/2 weeks time, its exactly half way from now and 17th June, when my exams finish (answered you question along the way too haha). That seems nothing. After half term, it will only be another 1 1/2 weeks left until 17th June. 10 day difference isn't a lot, I'm sure it will fly before you know it! :smile: By the way, what exam is on 27th June? That's quite a random date compared to the other subjects!

Can I ask what have you been getting in your mocks?
Original post by Rajive
Can I ask what have you been getting in your mocks?

In Maths or in all subjects? For maths I've been getting 90+, but for all the others a few A's and a few B's (that's what I got in my official mocks in November). French I'm currently on a B as it is my worst subject, but the others are fairly good. How about you? :smile:
Reply 30
In Maths or in all subjects? For maths I've been getting 90+, but for all the others a few A's and a few B's (that's what I got in my official mocks in November). French I'm currently on a B as it is my worst subject, but the others are fairly good. How about you? :smile:

For maths I was I have been getting high B's with the occasional A but I really want an A* because I am doing Maths at A level. For my other subjects they average at around B.
Original post by Rajive
For maths I was I have been getting high B's with the occasional A but I really want an A* because I am doing Maths at A level. For my other subjects they average at around B.

If you want to do A Level, please do aim for an A*. Have a look at the posts I put up on this forum to help you. I've just finished revising 9 hours of pure maths today :wink: Will be doing a lot tomorrow! Good luck by the way :smile:
Original post by niv1234
Thanks good luck to you too, I am so unprepared for all my exams I have set my alarm for 4:15 tomorrow morning and I really need to go revise. So goodnight.

But do you wake up tho?
Reply 33
If you want to do A Level, please do aim for an A*. Have a look at the posts I put up on this forum to help you. I've just finished revising 9 hours of pure maths today :wink: Will be doing a lot tomorrow! Good luck by the way :smile:

Thanks, I'll try
Original post by hafsa473
But do you wake up tho?

I actually did as well but at 4:30, I set my alarm 10-15 mins earlier then when I want to wake up so I can drag myself out of bed. Doing the same thing tomorrow need to urgently cram physics.
Original post by niv1234
I actually did as well but at 4:30, I set my alarm 10-15 mins earlier then when I want to wake up so I can drag myself out of bed. Doing the same thing tomorrow need to urgently cram physics.

This morning I set my alarm for 4:45, ended up getting up at 6 :'(
I literally do this too!!
Btw good luck!
This morning I set my alarm for 4:45, ended up getting up at 6 :'(
I literally do this too!!
Btw good luck!

Thanks good luck to you too. Maybe go to sleep earlier?
Original post by niv1234
Thanks good luck to you too. Maybe go to sleep earlier?

Maybe, depends on how much work I was cram in now until I lose focus and get really tired, probably like now...
When are you going to sleep? :K:
Maybe, depends on how much work I was cram in now until I lose focus and get really tired, probably like now...
When are you going to sleep? :K:

Umm. I know this is really bad but I have just under a year's worth of physics to do before tomorrows exam, I have set my alarm for 4:15 and am planning to go to sleep soon, once I finish this topic.I should probably get off TSR. Anyways good night and good luck, don't stress too much.
Reply 39
Original post by D'marParker
On the 27th June some people have Produck design and graphics or media lol, that's stressful

Yup, i have product design
Didn't even pick the subject in year 9 :s-smilie:
But to be fair its probably my easiest exam

Quick Reply

Latest