Original post by Suat
How comes its 0.3 and not 3?

Oh sorry I got +- 3 as well, didn't read it properly
Reply 502
is this a gcse or a-level thread
Original post by Dave50
is this a gcse or a-level thread

A-Level
What formula booklet was given to people?
Because we got given the ocr 2010 ones and the subheadings were for the old spec and didnt match the current one.

It really threw me off as the equations didn't have subheadings like the new formula booklet does. What shall I do?
Posted from TSR Mobile

I got the same xD
Reply 506
Original post by Inker
voltz you saved my life with your experiments thread

haha glad it helped:smile:
Original post by chemari1
I'm AS too like, just picked to do it this year, in this physics paper I lost like 15 marks, which apparently will make it to 90ums, how did you find it?

55 won't be 90 us it will be like 82 or something
Original post by adapttochangelad
55 won't be 90 us it will be like 82 or something
I woulda thought so but it's not what this person (who has a verdict over the grade boundary) says!
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4114965
Original post by student101998
What formula booklet was given to people?
Because we got given the ocr 2010 ones and the subheadings were for the old spec and didnt match the current one.

It really threw me off as the equations didn't have subheadings like the new formula booklet does. What shall I do?

I got the new one, it was nice.
i feel so upset, i did an all nighter, did all the past papers, can say i probaly got 30 , i want to do engineering, doesnt look like i will be... what should i do, already decided to drop chem.... i cant imagine depth and really dont know how to revise for it
Original post by Zakiiiii
i feel so upset, i did an all nighter, did all the past papers, can say i probaly got 30 , i want to do engineering, doesnt look like i will be... what should i do, already decided to drop chem.... i cant imagine depth and really dont know how to revise for it

considering you did an all nighter, shows how unprepared you were lol.

For the Depth you need to make sure you know your experiments. around 25 marks are available for experiments which can be easily picked up. Then the rest is your knowledge and application. I am considering Aeronatuical Engineering so I want a B minimum this year. I got 45 in the Breadth so I need to aim for at least 50 in depth
Is there an unofficial markscheme?
Original post by chiddy1999
Is there an unofficial markscheme?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4114965
I did an all nighter too but did sleep 2 hours like,
make notes of every detail to be marked frm the textbook and from that flashcards, then loads of pps

I would literally take a page at a time in the textbook, go on Physics and Maths tutor and do ALL the test questions under physics revision- ALL SETS FOR ALL EXAM BOARDS (unless it is obviously stuff that OCR don't do like the Doppler Effect under waves)... After doing that, there is no way you can't get full marks... trust me, they are so useful :smile:
Original post by WhizzKidhehe:)
I would literally take a page at a time in the textbook, go on Physics and Maths tutor and do ALL the test questions under physics revision- ALL SETS FOR ALL EXAM BOARDS (unless it is obviously stuff that OCR don't do like the Doppler Effect under waves)... After doing that, there is no way you can't get full marks... trust me, they are so useful :smile:

if i had the time i would, but i honeslty think its too late, plus i need a teacher to explain somethings, other subjects im fine, but i need atleast a video tutorial... ive gone over the text book like 4 times, done every question...:frown:
theres like no resources either like for chemistry there a video tutorials on the exams but none for phsyics
Original post by chemari1
I did an all nighter too but did sleep 2 hours like,
make notes of every detail to be marked frm the textbook and from that flashcards, then loads of pps

i did all the papers, not one bit i remember came from the past papers, it was all new stuff... done flash cards too
Original post by mahmzo
considering you did an all nighter, shows how unprepared you were lol.

For the Depth you need to make sure you know your experiments. around 25 marks are available for experiments which can be easily picked up. Then the rest is your knowledge and application. I am considering Aeronatuical Engineering so I want a B minimum this year. I got 45 in the Breadth so I need to aim for at least 50 in depth

i did everything i could before the exam, i didnt leave everything to the last moment, good luck tho

Quick Reply

Latest