The Student Room Group

Edexcel Unit 1 (IAL): Physics on the Go, WPH01 (24th May 2016)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EUSHA
radius of the raindrop at terminal velocity?which one was that?

Ah maybe you did a different paper to me? I did a resit of the old spec for edexcel
Reply 41
I did the old spec too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
I'm hoping the question about resistivity was a different paper to the one with kid on the pogo stick.
Reply 43
Only two answers from the resit paper i can remember I got were 98m for the hoz distance, 7.1m/s for another and 2.4*10^-4 m for the raindrop radius
Reply 44
Original post by curtis-
I'm hoping the question about resistivity was a different paper to the one with kid on the pogo stick.

Yeah u are right about him

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do any of you know if the model answers have come out yet for the physics edexcel unit 1 resit paper?? :smile:-or what did you all get for the answers and how did you find the paper? :biggrin:
Reply 46
Original post by BeckieLait
Do any of you know if the model answers have come out yet for the physics edexcel unit 1 resit paper?? :smile:-or what did you all get for the answers and how did you find the paper? :biggrin:

If you too are talking about pogo stick paper I scribbled down some answers:
BCDCCBCDBA
25.8N
4.5N, 50 degrees
98m - think i messed up sig figs here
7.1ms^-1
2.4x10^-4
2.5ms^-1

Pretty confident with the paper, hopefully the grade boundaries wont be too high.
Ah yes, I'm talking about the pogo stick paper too :smile: I think I got some of those answers- from what I can remember haha :smile: For finding the spring constant in one of the questions, did you put the value as a negative seems it was a graph of force vs compression rather that extension? :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by Saad69
The paper was tough
Hoping for low boundaries
Posted from TSR Mobile

Tougher than Jan 16 ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes I gave my answer as negative! But it was a pretty large number?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah ok then that's reassuring haha! Yes- I got 35000 or something? I can't remember
Reply 51
Original post by khassan
Tougher than Jan 16 ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Way more tough

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
Original post by Saad69
Way more tough

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good for you then...in Jan 16, full ums was 62 😊
Oo what do you all think full ums will be for the June paper from the other day?- the pogo stick one :smile:
Reply 54
Original post by BeckieLait
Oo what do you all think full ums will be for the June paper from the other day?- the pogo stick one :smile:

The lowest it has gone is 56 which is ridiculously low
Really!!? That's amazing! I hope it's something in the 60's then :biggrin:
does anyone have a marking scheme?
Original post by AlvlVictim
Could someone explain this?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi
Where did you find this paper, can you please send me the link.
Reply 58
Original post by Mayar Baitalmal
Hi
Where did you find this paper, can you please send me the link.

Check it on 56leomessiphotoshop.blogspot.com
Original post by Lewi348
As the balloon rises the density of the air decreases (becomes thinner). The upthrust on the balloon is proprional to density, hence upthrust will reduce. The volume of the displaced air increases as the balloon expands. This increases the upthrust on the balloon. However the decrease in density has more of an effect than the increase in volume, hence the upthrust reduces.

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending